Toms strutting their stuff

PDA

sleepyone
November 4, 2012, 10:20 PM
I took my camera to the stand yesterday to shoot some other wildlife in case the deer did not cooperate due to the warm weather. Several Toms came to the feeder and then left. Later about 20 hens came. While they were feeding, the Toms came back and strutted their stuff. Hope you enjoy the pics! I might start taking my camera to stand every time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Toms strutting their stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
November 5, 2012, 08:25 AM
Very nice pics of some good looking birds. I sure would of tried to get an arrow or two wet out of that group. I still have not filled either of my two fall turkey tags. Hens are legal here in Kansas in the fall just not ready to put an arrow in one yet.

sleepyone
November 5, 2012, 09:00 PM
I used to hunt turkey in deer season but I have not bought any Turkey stamps the past two or three years. I like to focus on deer and save turkey for the spring if I hunt them at all. For some reason, I'm just not a bird hunter of any type; dove, quail, turkey etc...

The only reason I would shoot a turkey during deer season is out of frustration when they show up 20 or 30 at a time and start eating all of my deer corn!:banghead:

jbkebert
November 5, 2012, 09:40 PM
They are much more fun to hunt in the spring time. I really enjoy calling them in and have a ball doing it. However the turkey on my place have decided to change their roosting area. Now they are roosting in the trees right around one of my favorite morning stands. Heck some are roosting in the same tree that I am sitting in.

Its a real PITA to have a buck come in and you can't move because of the 40 sets of eyes 10 feet above. No way in heck your gonna make it full draw without getting busted. So this fall turkey death is justified.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Toms strutting their stuff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!