Michigan CPL Bar Question

PDA

radiotom
November 5, 2012, 04:26 AM
OK in Michigan one of the pistol free zones is bars/taverns. You can go in a restaurant that has a bar. But, can you actually sit in the bar portion of the restaurant?

I'm having trouble finding any information on this...thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan CPL Bar Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOWARD J
November 5, 2012, 08:21 AM
http://michigan.gov/msp/1,1607,7-123-1591_3503_4654-10947--,00.html

I don't worry about a restaurant that sell liquor.

As .02 is the limit in MI for carrying a gun---DON'T DRINK AT ANY TIME.--OR LEAVE YOUR GUN AT HOME

F-111 John
November 7, 2012, 08:31 AM
Michigan's law regarding concealed carry in bars/taverns:

28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined;
exceptions to subsection (1); violation; penalties.

Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or
who is exempt from licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of
any of the following:

(d) A bar or tavern licensed under the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58, MCL 436.1101
to 436.2303, where the primary source of income of the business is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass
and consumed on the premises.

The law is silent as to where in the resturaunt you can sit. I agree with Howard J. about the DO NOT DRINK WHILE CARRYING. The .02 law is close to one beer for most people, and not worth the consequences. but if you just want to sit at the bar of your local Appleby's sipping a Coke while watching the game, go for it.

Clipper
November 7, 2012, 08:51 AM
Long as you're not drinking, you can enter a bar as long as you OC WITH a CPL. They may ask you to leave, and you must comply, but a lot of bars, especially in northern MI, will not do so. There are lots of small bars that do a side food business in those small towns, and I have no idea (since I'm from mid-michigan) where the majority of their income comes from, so I just play it safe and OC... Of course, I OC almost everywhere anyway. The only time I CC, really, is when I'm wearing a coat...

If you enjoyed reading about "Michigan CPL Bar Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!