Quick question

PDA

scythefwd
November 7, 2012, 10:42 AM
I have a rcbs 308 collet puller. Is there enough clearance on it to pull 9mm bullets? We're talking .048 difference here in diameters, which really isnt much...

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hoghunting
November 7, 2012, 06:01 PM
Since you already have the puller, why not try it and see. Easiest way to find out.

tightgroup tiger
November 7, 2012, 06:47 PM
If it does happen to open up far enough to grab it with it almost completely unscrewed you probably won't be able to get the bullet out of it after you pull the bullet and will have to buy another bullet pulling die.

I wouldn't try it. They don't have that much range of motion. They are designed to be able to unscrew the collet and let the bullet drop out.

That's why they have so many collets to chose from.

You should be able to buy just the collet for the 9mm for the die body you already have.

popper
November 7, 2012, 08:51 PM
Nope

918v
November 7, 2012, 10:35 PM
I second the above Nope.

Cherokee
November 7, 2012, 10:40 PM
I checked mine, 30 & 35 cal's, 30 will not work.

ArchAngelCD
November 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
I highly doubt it.

Mike 27
November 8, 2012, 01:55 AM
I say no as well, they are pretty snug.

scythefwd
November 8, 2012, 11:13 AM
I did check last night.. definitely no. Looks like I'll be getting a new collet.. if I can find one locally even better.

If you enjoyed reading about "Quick question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!