Possible to close threads and then re-open?

PDA

TAKtical
November 8, 2012, 01:23 PM
With the new post limits in the for sale section, I need to keep my thread from getting cluttered up with questions and comments. Is it possible to start a thread and then close it so that no one can post in it but still have the option to re-open it to bump or add pics? Also is there any way to edit the original post after the time limit? It would be nice to be able to update the original post instead of having to post updated info below.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to close threads and then re-open?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
November 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
Yes, you've always had the option to close and re-open your own threads. The only stated caution was if a thread was closed by a moderator, it shouldn't be opened by the thread starter without first checking with the moderator who closed it. That still goes.

With the new restrictions on the number of sales threads allowed, we will relax the editing options, but we can't change the edit time window - there is no way to do that by individual forum, it is an across the board parameter. So if you need to edit an older post to change the details or add new info, let any moderator know and we will edit it for you. However, we won't edit a post so you can add new items for sale. That would go against the spirit of the new restrictions.

TAKtical
November 8, 2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you Mal. I recently started making holsters and my list of blue guns is slowly growing. All I would need is for a mod to periodically add a gun to the list.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to close threads and then re-open?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!