Holster suggestions

PDA

JustChuckiles
November 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
I just purchased a new Ruger GP 100 with 6 in barrel. Can anyone give me any suggestions on a good holster, for hiking in the woods. I also plan on using it for hunting.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DaisyCutter
November 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
I pack my 4" Redhawk in a DeSantis leather OWB holster. It carries the big revolver very well. I use a reinforced 1.75" belt.

thunder173
November 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
I use Galco SAO's or DAO's for all my handguns that I carry afield. They afford me the option of both strong side or crossdraw on a good gunbelt. Works well for me,..might for you.

jeepnik
November 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.simplyrugged.com/

vt outdoors
November 10, 2012, 09:05 PM
Go for the chest holster, you'll be amazed how fast you can access
Your weapon

Sergei Mosin
November 10, 2012, 10:06 PM
I ordered a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake (with a couple other goodies) for my 4-inch GP100. Even went all out and got the fancy Celtic knot carving. Won't have the rig for a while yet but I'm looking forward to when I do.

JustChuckiles
November 10, 2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks, I will give these ideas a good look.

PabloJ
November 11, 2012, 12:56 AM
I just purchased a new Ruger GP 100 with 6 in barrel. Can anyone give me any suggestions on a good holster, for hiking in the woods. I also plan on using it for hunting.
Thanks
Look at Safariland composite one with lined interior. Had one for my S&W 4" K-framed revolver. Super product.

EMT40SW
November 11, 2012, 02:58 AM
When I hunt I carry my Glock in a Bianchi Accu-mold. Pick your flavor of holster but I think it is important to have a closed muzzle to keep dirt out if you fall & a thumb break to keep it in place while covering miles of rough terran.. I also like the accumold because I throw it in the washer & air dry it when I get home.

http://www.officerstore.com/store/product.cfm/pid_5412_bianchi_7000_accumold_sporting_holster_black_right_hand/

Remllez
November 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
Simply Rugged.....once you try one you'll know what I mean.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster suggestions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!