Hot Blue Work In MN

PDA

Lerk
November 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm looking for a good shop to get some hot blue work done for a project I'm restoring. I have an old Stevens 520A shotgun that needs the metal refinished and the guy who was going to do the work for me just retired and isn't taking work anymore, so I'm in need of another shop to go to. I live in Hutchinson, MN which is central and was looking for one within a reasonable driving distance. If I can't find one local I guess I'll have to ship it somewhere but I wanted to avoid that.

Any recommendations?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hot Blue Work In MN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
N.Schafer
November 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
I work at Ahlman's Gun Shop in Morristown, MN. Our blueing guy does a great job. We run about a batch a month. Price would probably be about $200. The website prices haven't been updated in a few years.

http://ahlmans.com/

Liberty1776
November 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
I don't work for Ahlman's, and I was going to suggest them, too...

If you enjoyed reading about "Hot Blue Work In MN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!