Will Colt Ever Make Python Again?

PDA

razorback2003
November 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
Now that Colt is making some cool guns, will the Python ever be made again? King Cobra? Anaconda?

If you enjoyed reading about "Will Colt Ever Make Python Again?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chevelle SS
November 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
I hope so!

Jim Watson
November 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Traditional V spring Python, no.
The various coil spring guns, a distant possibility.

I saw a Mk III Python prototype that was really a handsome gun, built on the Trooper Mk III action but with vent rib and underlug on barrel and a Royal Blue finish. We all turned our noses up at it then, so they did not build any, but it is about our only chance now.

jeepnik
November 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure Colt even still has the machinery, considering what they did with the SAA machinery during WWII.

DPris
November 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
Question comes up regularly, you must have missed the last 20 or so times. :)
The answer is no.
Denis

savit260
November 10, 2012, 09:34 PM
No.
... and if they did, it's doubtfull it would be anything but a Python in name only.

ColtPythonElite
November 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
I would like to see a version similar to what Jim Watson saw built...Basically, a King Cobra with a Python barrel. If they could keep the cost under a grand, I would like 8, please...One each from 2"-8" barrel lengths in both blue and polished stainless.

Jim K
November 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
If you hold your breath waiting for it to happen, you will turn a very interesting shade of purple.

Jim

Jurist
November 10, 2012, 10:23 PM
The S&W 686 is the closest thing to the Python.I've had one for three years now ,never regretted buying it,solid gun ,very accurate darn good looking too.

jrod
November 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
I can only hope!

Black Knight
November 10, 2012, 10:56 PM
I have mixed feelings since I already have 2 Pythons. New Pythons may effect the current prices. Will Colt make Pythons in the future? Who knows. I doubt they will make the traditional Python but an upgraded version is possible. The original Python, the Python II, the Python MK III. I also have a 686 and it is as good as any Python in my opinion. Both are far more accurate than I am.

PabloJ
November 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
No.

pendennis
November 10, 2012, 11:22 PM
Let's say that the engineers and designers at Colt came up with a Python designed on the latest CAD/CAM equipment. The Python would still be more expensive than comparable L-framed S&W's. The edge the Python has, is that the parts are hand-fitted, honed, and assembled by folks who specialized in that type of work. The folks who did that remain only in customer service and/or the Custom Shop, and the ramp-up time to train new folks is just too long to get a new Python to the market.

And the market is not so friendly toward wheel guns. Everything is the "plastic fantastic".

The folks you communicate on this site, the Colt Forum, the S&W forum, etc., are just a small sampling of total firearms owners; and that's not enough for Colt to commit several millions of dollars toward developing a revolver which has a declining market share.

The term is niche markets, and those niche markets are dearly expensive.

lowercase
November 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
Colt is now a much smaller and reformed company.

The labor costs associated with the Python would kill them.

Checkman
November 10, 2012, 11:40 PM
Nope. Save your money and buy one. It'll hurt, but at least you'll have one. But no more new ones will be made. Times and markets change. It sucks though.

natman
November 11, 2012, 02:58 AM
Will Colt ever make some sort of a revolver and call it a Python?
I hope not. Heck, it's doubtful that Colt will make any DA revolver ever again. There just isn't enough of a market anymore.

Will Colt ever make Pythons like they used to?
No. The amount of hand labor that went into a Python would be completely unaffordable.

If you want one, buy one now.

mljdeckard
November 11, 2012, 03:53 AM
I saw a 6" blued at a gun show recently, I advised my wife it is on the list.

CajunBass
November 11, 2012, 06:24 AM
If Colt was able by some miracle of modern manufacturing, manufacture, and sell a revolver, EXACTLY like the old Python, and sell it let's say, they average price of a Python today, they probably couldn't give them away.

The Python world would quickly divide into "old" and "new" Pythons. The price of the "old" ones would go further out of the roof. The "new" ones would sit on shelves. Internet forums would be full of posts telling us how the "new" ones aren't as good as the "old" ones. Magazine articles would tell us they're better. Any flaw someone found in one, would become a problem for all.

Most people would look at them and say "I'll just get a Glock."

Don't forget. They didn't sell a LOT of them back in the day. Most people looked at the price and bought a Trooper, or a Smith & Wesson...or a Taurus.

rodinal220
November 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
Probably not as a regular production item.Maybe as a Custom Shop item that will cost $$$.

HKGuns
November 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
Not a lot of innovative thinking going on at Colt these days. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Kleanbore
November 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
NO!

Before long, they will no longer be able to service them.

Hunter125
November 11, 2012, 09:19 AM
I heard not too long ago I heard the reason they wouldn't make it again is because they were hand fitted by highly trained employees, most of whom are now retired or passed away. They most prohibitive part of the process would not be the tooling, but training so many employees to hand fit them again

ApacheCoTodd
November 11, 2012, 12:03 PM
Python as was? Not a prayer. A revisited one perhaps due to semi-autos getting hammered somewhere down the road legislatively? I should think so.

I'd say for the time being, look to the fact that they've totally backed out of the DA revolver game.

Guillermo
November 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
If Colt brings back the Python it will be a polymer/mim gun similar to the Ruger LCR and marked "Python II".

Faux stag grips will be standard.

All kidding aside...they lack the ability to build a gun like the Python.
How long will they be able to even service the guns they made?

DPris
November 11, 2012, 12:48 PM
They can't do it as a limited production custom shop item, they'd have to sell in large volume to recoup setup costs & make a sustained profit.
The market isn't there for a $2000 gun to allow that.
Denis

GuitarsAndGuns
November 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
In a fairly recent issue of American Rifleman there was an interview with Colt CEO Lt. General William Keys who stated that he intends to bring back double action revolvers in the future. Whether or not they bring back the snakes or do something entirely new is anyones guess. Either way is fine by me, we can never have too many available revolvers on the market.:)

DPris
November 11, 2012, 01:40 PM
If & when Colt does bring out a DA, it'll be built to compete with Smiths, Rugers, and Tauri.
It will not a be a $2000 high-end steel revolver in a market that won't support one.

That'll mean something more like the MKV guns, and MIM parts.
It's just the reality of true demand (not gun forum interest) and production costs.

People refuse to give up hope on the Python, but it's a dead issue with Colt.
They won't even order new parts to service existing Pythons.
They're out of hands, the most vulnerable wear part, right now.
Denis

22-rimfire
November 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
The Python will never happen other than potentially a custom shop offering.

snooperman
November 11, 2012, 01:57 PM
When Colt was making the Python, not enough people were buying them at the selling price to make it profitable for them. So, what has changed to make that venture profitable now?

DPris
November 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
See Post 25.
Colt can't afford to make them as a regular production item.
Why would you think they could make money off small numbers through the custom shop?

Hundreds of thousands of dollars in startup costs to bring out a new revolver that wouldn't sell more than a few hundred a year, with demand tapering off once the initial interest faded?

Making a limited number only through the custom shop would do nothing but lose BIG money for them.
Denis

KenW.
November 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
the Python will be re-introduced immediately after the New Detective Special, New Official Police, and New-New Service.;)

CraigC
November 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
When Colt was making the Python, not enough people were buying them at the selling price to make it profitable for them. So, what has changed to make that venture profitable now?
Colt can't afford to make them as a regular production item.
Exactly!

Buy a used one.

I'm not so sure it's just the "premium revolver" market. I think it's because the Python is such a limited offering. All our custom revolversmith's are backlogged at least a year, if not two or three. USFA, Freedom Arms and Colt sell all the single actions they can build. So well-heeled buyers are out there. The difference is the Python can be chambered in anything you want as long as it's a .357Mag. Blued, nickel or stainless. Four barrel lengths. Those are your options. With premium single actions, chamberings run the gamut from the .17's to the .500's. Even the SAA platform can be chambered in a broad range of cartridges including the .22LR, .22Mag, .32H&R, .327Fed, .32-20, .38Spl, .357Mag, .38-40, .41Spl, .41Mag, .44-40, .44Spl and .45Colt. That covers a lot of ground and a lot of interests. Move up to the large frame guns and chamberings range up to the .500's. The Python will only ever be a .357Mag, a cartridge that lots of folks have little interest in. In premium single actions, finishes vary almost as widely not to mention barrel lengths, contours and profiles. A feller could spend his lifetime trying to obtain all the configurations his heart desires. Buy one or two Pythons and you're pretty much set........boring.

So in my opinion, it's not the premium revolver market that's limited, it's the Python market that's limited.

4v50 Gary
November 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
No. The skill level to build a 19th Century design requiring extensive hand fitting is beyond the ability of the current workforce.

Remllez
November 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
I've had the sme recurring Python dream on and off for years now....:)

Pilot
November 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
Maybe a cosmetically similar pistol to the Python with modern, easier to manufacturer internals? Like and Anaconda, or similar.

Elmer
November 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
If Colt was able by some miracle of modern manufacturing, manufacture, and sell a revolver, EXACTLY like the old Python, and sell it let's say, they average price of a Python today, they probably couldn't give them away.

The Python world would quickly divide into "old" and "new" Pythons. The price of the "old" ones would go further out of the roof. The "new" ones would sit on shelves. Internet forums would be full of posts telling us how the "new" ones aren't as good as the "old" ones. Magazine articles would tell us they're better. Any flaw someone found in one, would become a problem for all.

Don't forget. They didn't sell a LOT of them back in the day. Most people looked at the price and bought a Trooper, or a Smith & Wesson...or a Taurus.

That sums it up.

It didn't sell well when it was available, it would sell worse now.

On the other hand, given some of Colt's marketing decisions, I guess we can't say never after all....:D

CraigC
November 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
Maybe a cosmetically similar pistol to the Python with modern, easier to manufacturer internals? Like and Anaconda, or similar.
King Cobra???

Elmer
November 14, 2012, 10:00 AM
No. The skill level to build a 19th Century design requiring extensive hand fitting is beyond the price point of the current consumers.

Fixed that for you a bit.....

Manufacturing as an art isn't dead, it's just more expensive than today's made in China buyers will pay.

CraigC
November 14, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have to agree with Elmer. Most consumers just aren't willing to pay for quality any more.

oneounceload
November 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
Even if they did, it would be doubtful whether only but a few could afford them.

I think it MIGHT be possible they would bring back the DS or similar because of the CCW side of things and that is the one major area keeping revolvers in the mainstream

788Ham
November 14, 2012, 12:18 PM
The last 3 GS in the Denver area, hasn't had a Python on the table anywhere! Those that have them must be "safe queening" them, I sure haven't seen any! If I saw a nice one on the table, I'd have to inquire seriously, price might be higher than I'd want, but I'd grab it!

snooperman
November 14, 2012, 12:28 PM
I agree, bringing back the Detective special and perhaps the Magnum Carry is more likely because of the conceal carry movement, than bringing back the Python.

DPris
November 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
The DS suffers from the same problems as the Python, just to a lesser extent.
How many units do you think Colt could sell at a price point that'd float at least two Smith snubs?
No V-Spring action will return.

If Colt does a new snub, it'll be a newer action along the lines of the DSII.
MIM parts, utilitarian finish, and so on.
Denis

Guillermo
November 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
As mentioned before, too few people care about a quality revolver for a manufacturer to produce one.

If Colt were to get into the double action it would be MIM, CNC like Taurus and S&W makes.

That would be like a Honda Fit labeled as a Duesenberg

snooperman
November 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
If they could produce the magnum carry with the slick action it has , it would be head and shoulders above anything else they or anyone has produced yet in a self protection carry revolver. Of all the carry guns I have, nothing compares with the slick, powerful Colt Magnum carry. I am a farmer not a marketing expert on guns. That said, if Colt is going to produce a carry gun again in 357 magnum or 38 sp that would be the place to start.

Blue68f100
November 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
I hope not because it make my Custom 6" Ni from their shop more valuable.

snooperman
November 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Let's face it, as good as they are , they still could not sell them to make enough profit to sustain production. I think in retrospect , they have gone the way of the Dodo bird and the Python.

4v50 Gary
November 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Elmer said:

Manufacturing as an art isn't dead, it's just more expensive than today's made in China buyers will pay.

Not quite. The Python lockwork is not the easiest to work on. There are fewer and fewer gunsmiths who are capable of adjusting or tuning it. Now, try to get a workforce trained in the fitting of the entire gun. They have to understand how the rebound lever controls the hammer block, the bolt and the hand. They have to be able to fit that rebound lever and get the timing right on all three. That takes good mechanical aptitude and training. Yes, it can be done, but it's not worth it when the Anaconda/MK III Trooper is much easier to train a workforce on. The workforce will not only learn those actions faster than a Python, they will be able to produce more guns and service more guns.

buckhorn_cortez
November 14, 2012, 07:02 PM
Most consumers just aren't willing to pay for quality any more.

Uh...huh..So that must explain why Wilson Combat waiting time is going on 24 months for a Supergrade. Les Baer is at 24+ weeks for anything ordered from him, Pistol Dynamics is at 36+ months, I'm at 24 months for a Bob Marvel gun, Joe Chambers is quoting end of 2014 for guns ordered today...

Yeah, consumers aren't willing to pay for quality - thank goodness for that. Just think what the wait times would be if more people were interested in high-quality, expensive guns!

I toured the Colt factory in 1984. Pythons were built in a separate room in the middle of the factory by four gunsmiths. Every gun was hand fitted just like a high-end 1911. My guess is that if they built the same gun today, it would be in the $3-$4K range. Not as much as a Korth, but certainly way more than a Smith.

You have to understand that when I toured the factory, the newest machine tools were probably 30 years old, and the CNC machines were crude retrofits of old machinery. Lots of the internal parts were stamped from roll steel, deburred, and then heat treated to the appropriate hardness.

The manufacturing was crude and relied on the gunsmiths to hand fit every single part on the gun. They had small bins of parts in front of them and they would pick-and-choose parts, trial fit them, try another part, trial fit it, etc. - and when the tolerance stacking was as close as they could get the fit, they would finish the assembly by hand fitting each part.

Now, if they took a totally different approach to the problem of building the Python, and redesigned it so all of the parts could be produced through CNC with minimal hand fitting - then you might be able to get the gun down to the $1500 range.

DPris
November 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
Comparing a Wilson, as I've noted before, to a Python as far as people's willingness to spend money goes, is apples to cumquats.

1911s are hot, Pythons are not.
That's it in a nutshell, from the marketing angle.
From the production angle, 1911s require much less effort & knowhow to do than a Python.
Simpler fabrication, much simpler assembly & finishing.

Also as noted elsewhere, not even CNC can make a Python affordable to the masses. :)
Denis

buckhorn_cortez
November 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Comparing a Wilson, as I've noted before, to a Python as far as people's willingness to spend money goes, is apples to cumquats.

1911s are hot, Pythons are not.
That's it in a nutshell, from the marketing angle.
From the production angle, 1911s require much less effort & knowhow to do than a Python.
Simpler fabrication, much simpler assembly & finishing.

Also as noted elsewhere, not even CNC can make a Python affordable to the masses.
Denis

The statement was made that consumers wouldn't spend money for high priced guns. That's false. I used the 1911 as an obvious example to prove people want, and will buy, high priced guns.

Whether it's a Wilson, Korth, Beretta shotgun, Perazzi, McMillan rifle, or other expensive gun - somebody is buying high priced guns in whatever category you'd like to examine.

As I said, they would have to REDESIGN the Python to be made on CNC machines to lower the hand labor. I know - then it "wouldn't be a Python."

So you've setup a no win, circular argument that doesn't allow for a totally new approach. If people really want a Python, then they're going to have to accept that a new version is not going to be produced in the same way as the original.

That doesn't mean that a new version couldn't be styled as well, equal in quality and finish, but altered in design to allow automated production rather than hand fitting.

As far as I can tell - Ruger and Smith are selling every gun they produce regardless of what is declared as being "hot" - and that includes revolvers.

Guillermo
November 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
While Denis/Buckhorn is correct, I erred in not writing "Most consumers just aren't willing to pay for a quality revolver any more." instead of "
Most consumers just aren't willing to pay for quality any more."

My apologies for not being more precise.

DPris
November 14, 2012, 10:26 PM
I don't give a flying pfui if you're not precise, just be exact, dammit!
Denis

Guillermo
November 14, 2012, 10:29 PM
just be exact, dammit!

(looking down...ashamed...in a quiet voice)

yes sir

:(

Maia007
November 14, 2012, 10:39 PM

Really

DPris
November 14, 2012, 11:15 PM
:D
Denis

Y'know, Guill, aside from the fact that you like to argue almost as much as my wife's husband does, you're not a bad guy....

CraigC
November 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Uh...huh..So that must explain why Wilson Combat waiting time is going on 24 months for a Supergrade. Les Baer is at 24+ weeks for anything ordered from him, Pistol Dynamics is at 36+ months, I'm at 24 months for a Bob Marvel gun, Joe Chambers is quoting end of 2014 for guns ordered today...
Oh please. I said "most". Maybe you should've read post #32 before getting your drawers bunched up. I have four custom Ruger revolvers and a $4000 Merkel 28ga. I know that most of the most highly reputed custom revolversmiths are backlogged as much as three years. I know (better than most!) that 'some' customers are willing to pay for quality because I'm one of them. You're also comparing small shop, one at a time custom guns to what is basically a semi-production gun by a large corporation. The reason all those custom makers are backlogged is because the manufacturers no longer provide what we want. The fact remains that WE who are willing to pay for quality are a small minority. That 'most' shooters would rather go buy a $400 Glock and think they're "perfection". The vast majority of revolver shooters will buy a GP-100 or S&W 686 and refuse to pay $2000 for a premium revolver. Most consumers would rather buy cheap garbage from Walmart than quality products made in the US. Otherwise, wait for it..........THE PYTHON NEVER WOULD'VE BEEN DISCONTINUED AND CHINA WOULDN'T HAVE ALL OUR MONEY!!!!!!!

DPris
November 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
This subject could go on indefinitely.
Pointless.
No matter how many people here dream about the Python returning (NOT a re-designed "Python"), and how many refuse to see the manufacturing and marketing realities involved, it remains a dream only & will not happen.
Denis

22-rimfire
November 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
There seems to be a thread on this topic just about every other month. There won't be any Pythons (same as the old ones) made by Colt in the future.

Owen Sparks
November 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
The time of the full size service revolver is just about over. Back when practically every cop in the country was still carrying one, there was a market for the higher end revolvers. Not any more.

There is still a market for high end 1911's though.

CraigC
November 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
No matter how many people here dream about the Python returning (NOT a re-designed "Python"), and how many refuse to see the manufacturing and marketing realities involved, it remains a dream only & will not happen.
And only a fraction of those wishing for it would ever buy one. Let alone more than one. Certainly not enough to justify the costs involved. It's real easy to say "just do it" when it ain't your money. ;)

Elmer
November 15, 2012, 01:57 PM
Oh please. I said "most".

As did I, and he missed that as well.

Comparing to the tiny numbers a custom shop, even a semi-custom turn 'em out shop like Wilson's, to the number's a Colt would have to put out to make it worthwhile to them, is silly.

I love my old Colt's, Smith's etc., and I'm glad I could afford to buy them when I did. But I'm under no allusion (or delusion) that they're coming back as production items.

Even Glock in recent years cheapened up the parts in their guns. The day of top quality production guns is mainly passed.

ultramag44
November 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Seems I recall that in the 1950's that Colt quit producing the SSA because it was declared out-of-date and dead. Then some upstart gun maker with big ideas, showed some onions and made his version of the single action. Seems I recall he did so well the company operated and still operates on a cash basis! That must tick off the Shylocks! Then in the 60's he had the gumption to bring out a classic-style rifle and a (gasp) single-shot rifle! What nerve! Who would shell out hard-earned sheckels for a single-shot or a plain rifle?

The American gun buying public, that's who!

CNC / MIM is the goods! Yes, the old hand-fitters are all but gone. But careful CNC / MIM Production could do it @ a price we all could afford. That, and a real stone-breaker of a QA manager to insure that each & every new gen Python that ships is right before it ships! The quality could be as good and in many ways better then before!

Anyone remember that batch of Pythons that shipped in 1981 or 1982 w/o rifling in the barrels? Doooooooooouuuuuuuuhhhhh !:barf:

Or those embarrassing mis-timed Pythons that shipped and spit lead? Not kewl! :what:

Yes, the upfront $$$ is expensive. What isn't?

Let the guys w/ old Pythons worry about the value of their guns. That's between them, gunbroker buyers and the insurance company. Colt doesn't owe them guaranteed value retention in some 40 y/o gun.

I say to Colt: build it w/ modern methods, make it right prior to shipping, price it between Smith & Ruger (yes they can) and see if the buying public doesn't jump all over them ;) .

Guillermo
November 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
build it w/ modern methods

then it wouldn't be a python...it would be a Smith or a Taurus

DPris
November 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
Geeze, Ultra!
Give it up, it is not going to happen.

If there WERE sufficient market & if Colt DID have the ability & Colt DID feel there'd be profit in it, don't you think they would have done it by now?
YOU call Colt & tell 'em how to run their business at a loss.
I mean- what could they possibly know about it?

This has gone beyond all sense & reason.
Guill, it's all yours. I'm gone.

Denis

barstoolguru
November 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
If it wasn't for government contracts colt would go out of business

Guillermo
November 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hey Denis...don't leave it to me!!!

buck460XVR
November 15, 2012, 06:02 PM
And only a fraction of those wishing for it would ever buy one. Let alone more than one.

I tend to agree. One of the reasons Pythons are so desirable is because they don't make them anymore. Start makin' 'em again and that mystique goes away. Reason Colt quit making them in the first place is because they couldn't sell enough to make a profit on them. Denis summed it up well......

conhntr
November 15, 2012, 06:35 PM
I know alot of people like to say colt is only in business for government contracts etc (hey i did hear something aboutnmarines and some colt 1911s?). Ive bought 4 (2 1911s and 2 ar15s) in the last 3 years and all are EXCELLENT firearms. While i havent seen alot of new ideas from them; if they fund someone with a good modern revolver design, give it a retro python look, and im sure colt could put it together very well

///

CraigC
The difference is the Python can be chambered in anything you want as long as it's a .357Mag.

///
Baloney there is plenty of room for a 41mag!!!!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/conhntr3030/bfbfff5175bfe28da779830cf379df04.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/conhntr3030/41993b52159cf1ccacc3474231a685da.jpg

CraigC
November 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Really, how many .41Mag Pythons did Colt produce???

conhntr
November 15, 2012, 08:47 PM
At least 1 ;)

Guillermo
November 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
Buck pointed out Denis' line

It can be taken two ways.

Yes, they are in business now and making money...but they sure have made some dumb moves in the past

They could have used some advice :banghead:

snooperman
November 15, 2012, 09:23 PM
Look, this is simple math. If Colt thought they could make a profit from making the Python , it would still be in production. GET OVER IT. The Python is dead. Even my mule knows when to "retire".

BaltimoreBoy
November 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
If Ruger can't build a Security Six profitably, how in heaven would Colt build a Python profitably?

2zulu1
November 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
NO!

Before long, they will no longer be able to service them.
Based on this year's experience with an out of tune Trooper MkIII (1979), Colt can't service them now. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Will Colt Ever Make Python Again?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!