German Trench Knife New and Old (maybe)

PDA

Vonderek
November 11, 2012, 07:06 PM
On the bottom is a Boker WW1 reproduction German Trench Knife. Because it's a reproduction and I'm not a re-enactor I got one with the unauthentic stag handles as opposed to the wood handles just because I thought they were prettier. A couple years later a distributor had what they purported to be actual WW1 trench knives for sale so I got one just to have. That's the one on top. Interestingly, the Boker is nowhere close to the same dimensions as the "authentic" one. The handle is shorter, the blade is shorter and wider. The Boker came with a leather sheath while the other came with a metal sheath. The authentic one was a little crusty when I got it but cleaned up pretty good. Both are not good for much beyond stabbing but that's what they were designed to do. I never expected to use either except to display and admire.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/dreamcatchermedia/TrenchKnife1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "German Trench Knife New and Old (maybe)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
November 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
I remember those going on sale. A buddy of mine bought a couple of dozen of them.

rcmodel
November 11, 2012, 08:13 PM
Nice!

I have had a couple vet bring-back WWI & WWII German Trench Knives over the years.
But never one that good.

Most of them got rode hard and put away wet in two wars.

I was thinking mine had a little more belly to the handle shape like the stag one, but I could be wrong.
It's been a long time.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "German Trench Knife New and Old (maybe)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!