xds backstrap change makes huge difference

PDA

ryno31
November 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hello friends. I took some advice from a few high road forum members and a changed the backstraps

If you enjoyed reading about "xds backstrap change makes huge difference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve H
November 12, 2012, 05:29 PM
what was your problem before the change?

ryno31
November 12, 2012, 05:30 PM
hit the send button to early once again on my phone...doh! Anyways, I switched from the large to the small backstrap to see if it would help keep me from placing so many shots left of the target. The difference was night and day! With small back strap my shot placement was almost dead straight at 25 feet, sometimes a little low but a wrist adjustment helped that. Thanks for the feedback my friends and if anyone else having the same issue with their xds .45 try switching the backstraps!

Steve H
November 12, 2012, 05:36 PM
thanks for the info. I think I'll change my backstrap and see what happens. Just got the XDs last Wednesday

bodam
November 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
+1 just got mine yesterday. Bi-tone, baby!

ryno31
November 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
Some people do great with the large backstrap but the first 100 rds I put through it were very consistently left. I took the backstrap change suggestion and I was consistently straight (I also did alot of dry fire exercises as well). I put the large backstrap back on because it felt more comfortable and I was curious to see if it was the dry firing that straightened out my shot placement....once again consistently left. Went back today with the small backstrap on without doing any recent dry firing and they were straight down the pipe once again...I'm thoroughly convinced its the backstrap change that helped out. Good luck and congrats on buying the xds I can't say enough good things about it, it has been awesome gun for me and conceals amazingly well.

ryno31
November 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
Also another good tip that was given to me and works well on alot of todays small pistols is pulling the trigger with your distal joint(the first joint under your fingernail) as opposed to the pad of your finger. This also helped but I found it rubbed my thumb knuckle bare to the point of bleeding after about 75 rds which is ok as the xds isn't meant to be a range gun. I can get enough of my finger over the trigger w/the small back strap to not have to rotate my strong hand so far over that the dove tail comes into contact w/my thumb knuckle. So try the distal joint method if anyone is still shooting left.

The Lone Haranguer
November 13, 2012, 12:36 AM
It probably changed the distance from the back of the grip to the trigger, therefore the placement of your finger on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "xds backstrap change makes huge difference" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!