Half Pound folder

PDA

bikerdoc
November 12, 2012, 05:13 PM
Interest piece no longer being made by Ka-bar. The Dosier is a hefty locking folder that locks up like a fixed blade.
At 8 oz it is a handful and does feel good in the hand. For me it is not an EDC but it is "good in the woods."

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/bikerdoc1948/001-4.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Half Pound folder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
November 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Those were darn good knives.

rcmodel
November 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thats pretty neat!

Don't think I ever saw one.

I ran across a huge Benchmade at a gun show a while back I didn't know they ever made either.

It had about a 5" - 6" blade and an edge guard that cantilevered / paragraphed out of the handle to cover the extra blade that stuck out of the end when folded!

Still don't know what model it was, or when they made it?
I found one on the discontinued Benchmade page, but it wasn't like the one I saw.

rc

Deltaboy
November 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
I love those things. Built like a TANK!

JTW Jr.
November 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
The Strider AR I have with the full titanium backspacer weighs in at around 9 1/2 oz.

Love those heavy beefy folders, if it somehow falls from your pocket , you notice it right away ( especially it lands on your foot ! ).

Reminds me , I lent a Kabar Dozier to a friend and never did get it back.....

Owen Sparks
November 14, 2012, 12:05 AM
How heavy is the old style brass and wood handled Buck 110 that people used to carry in a belt pouch?

BrainOnSigs
November 16, 2012, 12:28 AM
My favorite 1/2 lb folder:

Zero Tolerance ZT0301 Green Tiger Stripe Blade Folder Knife

Folding knife co-designed by KAI’s Ken Onion and Strider. Features SpeedSafe® assisted opening system. 3/8-in. hex head pivot shaft nut makes field adjustments possible with minimal tools. Ambidextrous thumb stud or index-finger protrusion for one-handed opening.

Blade: S30V stainless-steel, Tungsten DLC coating with Tiger Stripes, 3 3/4 inches,.156 inches thick
Scales: 3-D machined, G-10 and Titanium in Ranger Green
Pocket clip: Reversible, removable for tip up or down carry
Weight: 8.6 oz.

http://brainonsigs.smugmug.com/Other/Things-that-go-BANG/i-DPx8HnL/0/XL/Zero-1-XL.jpg

http://brainonsigs.smugmug.com/Other/Things-that-go-BANG/i-tkR4Q5c/0/XL/Zero-7-XL.jpg

Owen Sparks
November 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
Brian, that is some really good photography. Do you have any formal training?

dayhiker
November 18, 2012, 12:25 PM
Sorry but If I am going to carry something that beefy it's going to be a fixed blade. None of this "almost as strong as" stuff.;)

Of course I am legally allowed to. :neener:

Kinda feel sorry for you guys who aren't :(

ApacheCoTodd
November 18, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm a fan of monster "kit" folders to keep in backpacks, 4WDs, saddlebags and the like. At only 3/8 oz below "half pound" this one's very close, awful handy, tough as hell and no leather to be concerned with when it's "outa-sight-outa-mind" for months and years on end.

JTW Jr.
November 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry but If I am going to carry something that beefy it's going to be a fixed blade. None of this "almost as strong as" stuff

well some of us carry both , as well as a 1911 :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Half Pound folder" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!