Taurus 17hmr Tracker

PDA

ole farmerbuck
November 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
I just bought a new Taurus Tracker 17hmr. Shot it 7 times and had a hard time ejecting the cases. I brushed the cylinders and tried it again...same thing after 2 rounds of 7 shots. This is what the cases look like when I get them out. The ones on the right are from my Savage 17hmr. Anyone know whats going on?

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/farmerbuck/seventeenhmr.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 17hmr Tracker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TurtlePhish
November 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yikes. Really badly cut chambers, I'd say. I wouldn't shoot that anymore if I were you. Call up Taurus's customer service.

ole farmerbuck
November 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yea I did. I'm sending it back. With all the powder residue on it from test firing it at the factory, how in the world could it pass inspection? I ask the rep to just send me a new cylinder but he wouldnt. There is a black permanent marker line on the side of it and I'm guessing it was marked to not be shipped. Pretty poor qc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 17hmr Tracker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!