H&R 929 Mainspring

PDA

cruiser00
November 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
My 929 has the mainspring with the plastic end and the plastic is broken. Numrich has this one and the one with the steel end. Do I have to use the one with the plastic end or will the one with the steel end work as well?

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R 929 Mainspring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1madss
November 13, 2012, 07:50 AM
I have a 999 that I replaced the plastic version of the main spring follower with the steel. It works fine.

cruiser00
November 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
It's just that the mainspring for the 929 looks longer on the steel version. Has anybody ever switched from the plastic on the 929?

Remllez
November 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
Cruiser,

I've replaced the plastic ends with the steel version but never saw an assembled mainspring like you describe. If the product description states the part will fit your gun it's worth a try, if it fits .....your gun works.

TennJed
November 14, 2012, 10:00 PM
I replaced the broken plastic on on my 949 with the metal one from Numrich. It was a little harder getting it to set in place, but one i did it works fine

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R 929 Mainspring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!