Argentine Sistema Colt 1927

PDA

Okiegunner
November 13, 2012, 11:36 PM
As I have stated before, I kind of like off-beat, military type forearms.

I currently own quite a few 9s and a few .40s, but I do not currently own a 1911 type pistol. At one time, I did own a Michigan Armament "Combat Guardian", however it has long since been sold many years ago.

Sarco Firearms currently has Sistema Colt 1927 model for sale. $499 for "best" grade ($399.00 for lowest grade). These were supposedly made under license on Colt machinary and using Colt plans. These pistols seem to be harder and harder to find, and keep going up in price from one year to the next.

New recoil and firing pin springs, and new magazine if requested. Arsenal refinished or original (whatever is left) blue.

Pistol would run $399-499 +$9.50 S/H + $10.00 ffl.

Anyone own one of these?

If you enjoyed reading about "Argentine Sistema Colt 1927" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hatchetbearer
November 14, 2012, 01:00 AM
I own two. Buy them or I will. I have one with 35% finish i bought from allan's armory, and another i purchased off a THR member in near mint condition.

Things that are expected with all of them are dented rear sights on the left side, and a bent lanyard loop. both are still functional, just aesthetics. Sights are set for a 6 O'Clock hold so learning the POI was tricky for me.

oneounceload
November 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
I sold one for a friend - $350, interesting with no backstrap safety

GBExpat
November 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Okiegunner,

I have had an Argentine Sistema for almost 10 years. It is just like a Colt Government Model.

I would focus closely on the actual condition of these Sarco pistols. Nothing against Sarco, I just remember the last batch of these things coming in several years ago ... most (all?) of them turned out to be in pretty sad shape.

I sold one for a friend - $350, interesting with no backstrap safety :confused:

bannockburn
November 14, 2012, 11:51 AM
oneounceload

Sure you're not thinking about a Ballester Molina? After production was finished on the Sistema Colt Modelo 1927, the Argentine government decided on producing their own version of the M1911A1. The primary differences of the Balester Molina included a different shaped hammer, a pivoting trigger, slight variations to the grip frame, and the removal of the grip safety.

Japle
November 14, 2012, 01:36 PM
I have three of them. One is in great shape and is living in the safe. One was pretty nice and I rebuilt it into an excellent combat/target gun.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Japle/Guns/Twotargets.jpg

One was pretty worn …

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Japle/Guns/37982Right.jpg

…and I replaced the sights, trigger, safety, grips and some other internals, making it a nice range gun.

They can be customized just like any pre-war Colt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Argentine Sistema Colt 1927" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!