Benelli R1

PDA

Duke of Lawnchair
February 1, 2003, 05:08 AM
Have any of you folks been able to take a gander at Benelli's autoloader? Sounds pretty interesting with their auto-regulating gas-operated (ARGO) system.

Looks rather funky, not looking to purchase but just curious if any of you have seen/shot them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli R1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mete
February 1, 2003, 10:42 AM
Kind of ugly to me .Seems strange to offer only one cartridge at this point. They offer one with a nickel plated receiver. They also fall victim to the cryo barrel myth. ( see benelli's italian sight)

BigG
February 1, 2003, 10:17 PM
I saw pitchers in the latest NRA mag. That is one ugly gun. Thought it was in two calibers: 30/06 and 300 Magnum?

hksw
February 2, 2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah, finally saw the NRA mag with it in it yesterday too. Looks like the profile of the NOVA with the foreend fully retracted with a BAR high ejection port. Not very pretty. Built quality, fit and finish looked pretty good though.

JohnKSa
February 2, 2003, 01:06 AM
If you really want one, wait awhile.

This kind of reminds me of H&K's foray into making hunting rifles. Great rifles, but they were "funny looking" and didn't sell.

I figure in a year or two, the dealers are going to despair of selling them and the prices will come down.

If you enjoyed reading about "Benelli R1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!