Angle(s) on a Mora?

PDA

Fat_46
November 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm trying to recreate the original "double" bevel on a Mora I've abused. Its a single bevel currently, at 26 degrees per side. I'm using a WEPS.

I *think* I'll use the current 26, and then open it up to 30 for the secondary angle, but any advice is most welcome.

And I have to say - 14 knives in, the WEPS has really started to shine. And I'm liking D2 more and more!

If you enjoyed reading about "Angle(s) on a Mora?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bartholomew Roberts
November 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
The Scandi grind on my Moras is just under 15 degrees - about 13 or 14 on each side. All of them came from the factory with just the single Scandi grind that goes all the way to the edge. So I usually do a second micro bevel at 15 with the Wicked Edge. At that point the Moras are ridiculously sharp and you can cut yourself on them very easily.

Fat_46
November 14, 2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mr. Roberts. I'll try that tomorrow

If you enjoyed reading about "Angle(s) on a Mora?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!