Please recommend a good scope for my Alexander Arms Beowulf

PDA

crash32
November 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, I am about to place my order for an Alexander Arms Beowulf and am super excited about it. All of my current rifles (bolt and semi-auto) are intended for long range use and have long range style scopes on it.

I am going to use my Beowulf for primarily hog and deer hunting and need a super cool scope to put on it. Obviously, I do not need a high magnification such as a 12x, but I would like something with decent magnification.... maybe 5x or 8x. I understand that I will typically not take shots beyond 200 yards, but still want a very good up-close visual of the target I am shooting. For example, if I have a whitetail at about 100 yards, I feel as if I had a very low magnification such as a 2x or 3x that I would not be able to determine if I was aiming for the heart or lungs etc.

I was looking at the scopes from Trijicon and EoTech. Any other scopes that you guys would recommend? I am looking to spend around $600.

Thanks in advance!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Please recommend a good scope for my Alexander Arms Beowulf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TIMC
November 14, 2012, 04:33 PM
I have a Burris Signature Safari 1.75-5x32mm scope on mine. I find it to be ann excellent scope for the Beowulf. I don't think Burris makes them anymore which is a shame because it is an excellent scope.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/Beowulfflashpic3.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Please recommend a good scope for my Alexander Arms Beowulf" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!