Getting a Workout? LOL

PDA

RonDeer10mm
November 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
I don't shoot handguns much but when I went today I noticed after a few dozen rounds I got the "pump" feeling in my forearms, like if I was working out or something? Does anyone else get this feeling from shooting alot?

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting a Workout? LOL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RonDeer10mm
November 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
Just me? lol

Certaindeaf
November 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
I get this "pump" feeling in my heart.. kinda like the Grinch.

lolz

MGRAY
November 14, 2012, 08:09 PM
...more 12oz curls will help

chris in va
November 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
Shooting a handgun is basically an isometric exercise. One arm is pulling against the other, trying to control recoil...all while holding a two pound hunk of metal 3' away from your body.

That's why you see weaker individuals leaning back to compensate and balance.

tipoc
November 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
I don't shoot handguns much but when I went today I noticed after a few dozen rounds I got the "pump" feeling in my forearms, like if I was working out or something? Does anyone else get this feeling from shooting alot?

No, at least I don't. As you say you don't shoot often so the action is unusual for you and the muscles used not familiar to it. Shoot more often and likely the sense of a "pump" will not happen again.

tipoc

9mmepiphany
November 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
You might be over gripping the gun and inducing premature muscle fatigue, avoid the push/pull tension and practice holding the gun up for shorter periods

kokapelli
November 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
Shooting a handgun is basically an isometric exercise. One arm is pulling against the other, trying to control recoil...all while holding a two pound hunk of metal 3' away from your body.

That's why you see weaker individuals leaning back to compensate and balance.
I pish forward with both hands. I must have been doing it wrong all these years!

If you enjoyed reading about "Getting a Workout? LOL" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!