PW Arms Glock mags- anyone tried them?

PDA

gunnutery
November 15, 2012, 02:02 AM
I was price checking Brownells for factory Glock mags and stumbled across these for awesome prices but hadn't heard anything about them. Considering all the mixed reviews of the Korean mags I'm wondering if it's too good to be true. Thoughts, experiences?

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/glock-magazines-prod54556.aspx

Brownell's price on factory Glock mags stinks... just for your information.

If you enjoyed reading about "PW Arms Glock mags- anyone tried them?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hentown
November 15, 2012, 07:32 AM
Brownell's price for factory Glock magazines is about $26. That's not great, but it's not sucky, either.

gunnutery
November 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
I didn't click on the factory ones, but the initial price I was seeing was $41.

mgmorden
November 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
I've got 2 of the PW Arms Glock 17 mags. Though I haven't shot with them a whole lot, what I have shot with them has been good. No malfunctions of any sort.

That said, the $41 price was the max in the category that you were seeing. The 22 round extended .40S&W mags cost that much. The regular sized factory mags are $28.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/factory-pistol-magazines-for-glock-prod23056.aspx?avs|Make_3=Glock

hentown
November 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
That's the "retail" price3 for the 33-rd. G18 mag. Nobody pays the "retail" price @ Brownell's...at least nobody who knows how to click a mouse, when they set up their online Brownell's account. :D

dogtown tom
November 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
Why would you buy either genuine Glock mags or even the Korean made Glock mags from Brownells when there are DOZENS of vendors with much cheaper prices?

CDNN regularly has Glock mags for $21each and the Korean mags for as little as $5.99each.

JohnBT
November 15, 2012, 11:40 AM
"Nobody pays the "retail" price @ Brownell's..."

Honest retail customers do.

mgmorden
November 15, 2012, 11:42 AM
CDNN regularly has Glock mags for $21each and the Korean mags for as little as $5.99each.

Their selection on the Korean mags is limited. Typically they'll have Glock 22 and Glock 19 mags and some of the really big ones, but I've never seen them carry the Glock 17 17-rnd mags for example.

average_shooter
November 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
Their selection on the Korean mags is limited. Typically they'll have Glock 22 and Glock 19 mags and some of the really big ones, but I've never seen them carry the Glock 17 17-rnd mags for example.

I've found CDNN can have excellent prices, but their stock seems to turnover frequently. They'll get a large amount of one product and turn it over at such a price that they are out within a few weeks. But a few weeks later they'll get more or different stock. Bottom line is I've ad the best luck when I make a habit of perusing CDNN for a few minutes every few days to wait for a deal to pop up, then jump on that deal.

hentown
November 15, 2012, 03:40 PM

I guess one guy's "honesty" is another guy's ignorance and/or stupidity! :rolleyes: Let me rephrase my initial statement: "Nobody with half-a-brain pays the suggested retail prices at Brownell's." That better? ;)

I don't buy mags from Brownell's, either, but I have had a trade discount account with them for over 20 years.

dogtown tom
November 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
hentown Quote:

I guess one guy's "honesty" is another guy's ignorance and/or stupidity! Let me rephrase my initial statement: "Nobody with half-a-brain pays the suggested retail prices at Brownell's." That better?

I don't buy mags from Brownell's, either, but I have had a trade discount account with them for over 20 years.
So you're equating honesty with having "half-a-brain"?:scrutiny:
Classy guy you are.:barf:

ku4hx
November 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
I bought a couple of South Korean Glock 17 magazines shortly after they made their internet appearance. I think at that time I paid $12 for a pair and got a two pocket canvas magazine pouch to boot. I suspect South Korean is South Korean regardless of actual brand name.

I've had absolutely no problems with mine, but when I can get Glock OEM magazines at $22.00 - $25.00 each the marginal savings now days is not worth it to me. The magazine is the lifeblood of the pistol so I go with what I perceive to be the best. In this case Glock.

And, Glock has replaced free of charge, no questions asked, a number of their magazines over the years.

Teachu2
November 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
www.topgunsupply.com is good, as is www.midwayusa.com

If you shop around, most are $20-25. The Glock factory mags I have are 100% dependable.

The #1 cause of semi-auto issues is generally considered to be bad mags. Every Glock I own has five mags, and I don't want to have "range" and "carry" mags - I want every mag I own to be ready to perform flawlessly should I need to defend life. I carried 1911s for years, and finally decided that if a new spring didn't cure the issue, the trash can would. Costs a little more, but I sleep better.

See http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=685364 for further clarification.

gunnutery
November 16, 2012, 02:05 AM
I generally also subscribe to the thought of buying factory mags, but the low price is really tempting. My gun stuff budget isn't the biggest. For the moment I'm not sitting too bad on mags. However, I've just bought a conversion barrel for my G22 and I only have two 9mm mags right now.

ku4hx
November 16, 2012, 08:06 AM
Nobody pays the "retail" price @ Brownell's...at least nobody who knows how to click a mouse, when they set up their online Brownell's account. :D
How do you make that happen for retail customers who don't pose as dealers, jobbers, wholesalers and etc.? I'm no longer a gun dealer so I no longer qualify for wholesale prices.

I consider myself to have at least "half a brain", and I am a firm believer in honesty in all matters. The fact is, over time, posing as something you're not just increases the prices all around as their profit margin drops and they compensate. Sort of like shoplifting in my book. You are free to do your business any way you choose, but for me, I'll do the honest and honorable thing and claim to be exactly what I am.

AK103K
November 16, 2012, 09:54 AM
Wideners has Korean Glock 17 mags for $12 ea. They were running a 2 for $20 and a free double mag pouch deal for awhile there, but it looks like they stopped it.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8797&dir=625|709

Right now, I have about a 50/50 mix of factory and Korean, and other than the Korean mags not loading quite as smoothly as the factory mags, they all empty fine, and Ive never had an issue with any of them.

Sebastian the Ibis
November 17, 2012, 04:29 PM
I have no experience with the PW arms mags, but I used to use the Korean KCI mags extensively.

The 15rnd KCI mags work fine, but the spring is weak. The 17rnd KCI mags have very weak springs which can cause stovepipes. Glocks rely upon mag spring pressure to eject the case. I was getting a stovepipe about every 100-200 rounds with the 17rnd KCI mags.

I got rid of the all the KCI mags I had, but if I still had any I'd try OEM springs in them and see how they worked.

Blackhawk30
November 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
I bought all of my Glock mags prior to Obama's election.I paid $10-15 for for most of them.
33rd mags were between $20-30.:evil::D:neener:

Silent Bob
November 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
Note to self: do not transact any sort of business with "hentown"

If you enjoyed reading about "PW Arms Glock mags- anyone tried them?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!