Rem 600 Bolt Handle

PDA

shell70634
November 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
I picked up a Remington 600 in 243 with a broken bolt handle a couple weeks ago and have been unable to find a replacement. I know a 700 handle fits but I would rather put the old dog leg original back on. Does anyone have one laying around? I've tried the normal online sources with no luck. I remember some owners didn't like the dog leg so they changed them. Maybe someone has one laying around?

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 600 Bolt Handle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
November 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Do you have the broken piece?? Any way you will need to find a quality gunsmith to fix it for you. It will be worth it as they are cool older rifles.

gamestalker
November 15, 2012, 03:58 PM
Larry Potterfied has a video on fixing those. Take a look and then see if you or if you can finda good smith to do it for you.

GS

shell70634
November 15, 2012, 06:22 PM
I don't have the broken piece. I need the complete handle. I can repair it myself if I can locate the part.

hardluk1
November 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sounds like you need a black smith to forum a replcemant bolt. Get a 700 bolt and have it reformed and lenghtened for what you need. Oh I really liked the 600 bolt design. I would not make a straight bolt. Takes away from the design and a replacement or reworking of the stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem 600 Bolt Handle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!