Need help with info, values

PDA

theautobahn
November 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
I ended up with two side by sides as part of a deal to acquire some other items I was looking for. They were hanging on the gentleman's wall, and after examining them, they are quite literally what I would describe as wall hangers. The actions are not tight, the wood isn't great, the safety on one is inoperative and on one, the stock is (barely) held on with some wood screws.

One's a 12 gauge and one's a 16, but darned if I can remember which is which (I'll check tonight, or someone with better eyes than I might be able to tell from the pictures).

I'm curious as to general information on these guns, but am most interested in ascertaining some sort of idea of value to sell them.

First up is the N.R. Davis & Sons AJAX

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with info, values" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
theautobahn
November 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Next up is the Iver Johnson Knox Hall

oneounceload
November 15, 2012, 05:07 PM
That last pic on the first gun just drove the price to a new low with the Phillips screws...OUCH!

A great pair of wall hangers.......they will enhance the decor of any hunting/den/shooting room

Liberty1776
November 15, 2012, 09:44 PM
no disrespect meant, but $85-$100 would be doing well.

theautobahn
November 18, 2012, 01:36 PM
no disrespect meant, but $85-$100 would be doing well.

No disprespect taken. I'd like to get $100 out of each of them, but that might be a stretch.

Is there any value to them as parts guns for a 'smith?

Also, how would one determine if they were blackpowder guns or rated for smokeless?

Liberty1776
November 18, 2012, 11:40 PM
These are smokeless (fluid steel) bbls. But if shot, I'd stick to lighter loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with info, values" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!