Trying to decide on next purchase...

PDA

primalmu
November 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
...and no, this is not a result of the election!

I've been tossing around the idea of picking up another rifle, namely another Mosin. I sold my first and only Mosin years ago and wish I hadn't. Loved the gun and loved the cartridge.

Of course, I've been telling myself that I don't really need another gun, and maybe I should buy some ammo for my SKS or, if I have to have a new gun, a bolt action .22. (Luckily for me 7.62x39 still seems to be plentiful compared to .223/5.56.)

Finally, I'm considering looking for another handgun. I've still got a year and a half in Mississippi where I can't buy handguns because I'm not a resident. I've been toying with the idea of getting started in USPSA but my Glock 26 just won't cut it. Perhaps I should pick up another handgun while I can...

What would you all do?

If you enjoyed reading about "Trying to decide on next purchase..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZGunner
November 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
Well I love my Savage FV-SR and I'm sure I'll love it even more when I can get my supressor. .22lr is cheap to shoot which makes it alot of fun.

My Mosin has been great and ammo is pretty cheap. Plus I like the old mil-surps. History and all.

What would you all do?

I'd get a full size M&P 9 and not look back.

nathan
November 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
M and P 9 L Pro.

CZ 455 in .22 lr and .22 WMR combo

Since you mentioned the Mosin, why not get a Finn M 39 ?

primalmu
November 15, 2012, 06:28 PM
Nathan, I've actually already got a CZ452. Awesome little rifle and love the Tech-Sights I put on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trying to decide on next purchase..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!