new trade law

PDA

avs11054
November 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
On fox news' website there was an article today about US law becoming more friendly w/ russian trade. Does anybody know if this new law would allow dragunovs to be imported to the US again?

Heres the link to the article.

http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&external=1807754.proteus.fma

If you enjoyed reading about "new trade law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MedWheeler
November 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
I highly doubt it. Obama may be a friend to Russia, but he is no friend to gun ownership.

I remember about 20 years ago there was talk of importing UAZ 469-series 4x4 vehicles from Russia to the US for sale. These are known in Russia as "Russki jeeps", and would have, at that time, probably been good sellers. They're rough, spartan, and very capable. It was trade differences that ixnayed that deal. I wonder if that might come back up on the table; I wanted one; got to check them out when I was over there.

mljdeckard
November 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
It won't change any BATFE import guidelines.

Rob G
November 17, 2012, 11:32 AM
It won't change any BATFE import guidelines.

Is it the BATFE import guidelines that are actually at issue though? My understanding is that the importation ban on Dragunovs was voluntary on the part of the Russians, not enforced by the BATFE.

andrewstorm
November 18, 2012, 10:20 PM
I shoulda bought me a dragonov,whey back when they were 5 bills................about 22 years ago

If you enjoyed reading about "new trade law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!