Youth Bow Suggestions Please

PDA

MtnCreek
November 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Can someone recommend a compound bow for an eight year old Left hand shooter please? I have a recurve that he can draw, so I plan on marking an arrow for an approx. draw length. Any info on brands / models that you’ve dealt with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Youth Bow Suggestions Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jbkebert
November 16, 2012, 10:53 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about the Menace and or Craze bows by Mission Archery. Yes they are available in LH models

03Shadowbob
November 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
Matthews Genesis Pro. I just bought one for my daughter and it is a very nice youth bow IMO. Not sure they come in LH but I would imagine they do as a lot of schools use them to teach archery with.

MtnCreek
November 23, 2012, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. The last bow I bought was over 15yrs ago and things have changed a lot. I walked into a bow shop this week and asked to see small bows for my son. The bow tech asked what I wanted to spend; I said I figured I could get a decent bow for about $200. He smugly said 'not a decent bow'. That was my sign that I needed to look elsewhere.

I wound up getting a bear apprentice 2. Draw length adjusts from 15 - 27 and weight is 15 - 60. I was really surprised how adjustable bows are now. I found some info on determining draw length that I thought some here may find useful.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/draw-length-weight.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Youth Bow Suggestions Please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!