Any one use the RCBS-X dies for their AR15?

PDA

grubbylabs
November 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
I am thinking of getting the X- die small base for my new AR15 and I thought I would ask you all what you thought of them. So if you have tried them let me know what you think.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Any one use the RCBS-X dies for their AR15?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dgod
November 19, 2012, 08:52 AM
The Dies work great, the De-Primer is a POS. I use a Lee De-Primer now, because I am tired of buying replacement deprimer rods.

The dies work fine, just be careful with the Deprimer Rods.

rc109a
November 19, 2012, 09:06 AM
I agree with dgod. I use an x die with my at and deprime with the lee. I actually use a standard rcbs die to do my initial sizing and use the xdie to do the rest. Saves me from readjusting the die every time.

Canuck-IL
November 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
I reload several different lots of brass for several different ARs (and a few other calibers). The X-die works as advertised BUT, since I use it on different batches that came out of different chambers, I do need to frequently adjust it a little. That's a bit tedious; you're fairly likely to crunch a neck or 2 getting it set just right.

That said it's worth the price of admission.

IMNSHO, no need for a small base unless you're sizing milsurp brass that was fired from a machine gun ... I keep my brass batches separate per gun but it all started life as 1x LC and I've never had a need for a small base. Different story with some 308 I picked up - that was from an open bolt gun and demanded a small base.
/Bryan

If you enjoyed reading about "Any one use the RCBS-X dies for their AR15?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!