Muzzle brake for my mosin?

PDA

srawl
November 16, 2012, 10:55 PM
My wife really hates the recoil of this thing and it didnt help when I shortened the barrel, I already put a but pad on it but it is still to much for her. Id like the most effective brake for the least money, I dont care what it looks like or how loud it is.

Thanks for any ideas

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brake for my mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
intercooler
November 17, 2012, 02:15 AM
Buy her a .22.

bainter1212
November 17, 2012, 02:32 AM
The cheapest brake will be any brake for a 7.62x39, probably an AK-74 type. The recoil will not be signifigantly reduced because the AK round is a low pressure round, compared to your 54R round, which is high pressure. An EFFECTIVE brake will be one made for the .308 round, however these brakes tend to be much more expensive. Either way the only RIGHT way to do it would be to have the muzzle properly threaded, and that usually means a gunsmith. The easiest way around this, of course, is to tell her she needs to tough it out and get used to it. I have a mosin scout that I cut down to an 18 inch barrel. I have a Pachmyr "decellerator" pad on it, and recoil is really not that bad. My wife took it with no more than a shrug of the shoulders. I also understand that everyone is different. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

srawl
November 17, 2012, 04:44 AM
I saw a website that had them for a 308 for around $70, i forgot where though...

DavidMS
November 24, 2012, 11:59 PM
http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=24332

I can't vouch for them but I am thinking of doing the same to my Mosin if the Limbsaver does not help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Muzzle brake for my mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!