Heavy bullets vs lite bullets

PDA

robbieg19
November 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have started reloading for idpa. I am currently loading berrys 9mm 124 gr rn at a power factor of 129. My question is would going to a 147 gr at the same power factor be a noticeable difference in recoil or muzzle rise? I would like to hear others opinions. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Heavy bullets vs lite bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bds
November 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome to THR.

Heavier 147 gr bullet loads meeting IDPA power factor should give you less felt recoil than 124 gr loads.

Thompsoncustom
November 18, 2012, 02:53 PM
I find that heavier bullets with fast powders yield the lowest amount of felt recoil you just have to be careful with pressures. My favorite low recoil round for 9mm so far is a 173gr swc with AA#2 behind it. Still easy to make minor and recoil is very low.

robbieg19
November 18, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the replies. Wil be ordering more bullets soon and will definitely give the 147's a try. When it comes to competitive shooting I need all the help I can get.

If you enjoyed reading about "Heavy bullets vs lite bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!