g23 rattle

PDA

biogenic
November 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
My g23 3gen seems to have a rattle sound when I shake it up and down. Can't seem to locate the problem. If its cocked, the rattle is gone.

If you enjoyed reading about "g23 rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Texan Scott
November 18, 2012, 04:37 PM
My old g22 rattled like a used Chrysler. Never failed to feed, fire, or eject, though.
It'd be hard to diagnose a problem without hearing the rattle and maybe taking it apart a bit (again like my old Chrysler). If it really seems unsafe (doing something it shouldn't at the firing line), find a gunsmith. Otherwise, just keep a round in the chamber. That's two problems solved.

RustHunter87
November 18, 2012, 04:42 PM
one of my G21 mags rattles when it has a certain number of rounds in it.

rcmodel
November 18, 2012, 04:49 PM
Didn't they tell you?
Glocks should be Stirred, not Shaken.

The sound you hear is perfectly normal.

It is the striker rattling in the slide channel when it is free of spring pressure after dry-firing it.

It doesn't rattle the rest of the time because it is partially cocked and under a small amount of spring tension all the time normally. It is only fully cocked when you pull the trigger & cock it.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "g23 rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!