FLASH! Salami semiauto sends SWAT squad!

PDA

Nathaniel Firethorn
February 1, 2003, 08:19 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030131/od_nm/germany_salami_dc
Wurst-Case Scenario Causes Police Alert
Fri Jan 31,11:49 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A man who mistook a salami for an automatic pistol triggered a major police operation on Friday in southern Germany, involving 10 police cars and a helicopter.

The man alerted police that he had seen three men handling a gun in a car at a motorway service area. Police cars, dogs and a helicopter chased the car and held up the men, only to identify the "weapon" as a salami.

"Behind the dirty windows of the car, the man had mistaken the salami for a gun," a police spokesman in Traunstein said. "The men in the car had probably passed the sausage through the car."

The salami was returned to its owners, he said. Police report that the witness was just being a brat. :neener:

- pdmoderator

If you enjoyed reading about "FLASH! Salami semiauto sends SWAT squad!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
February 1, 2003, 09:10 AM
And if it was the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile, would the call have come in as a person with a self-propelled gun?

El Tejon
February 1, 2003, 12:11 PM
Impossible! This story is fiction!

How can there be "dirty windows" in Germany?:confused:

MacPelto
February 1, 2003, 02:31 PM
And if it was the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile, would the call have come in as a person with a self-propelled gun?

Nope, field artillery. :p

Plus, the French would have surrendered.

seeker_two
February 2, 2003, 02:53 AM
Don't mean to knock this story, but this post is the wurst I've ever read...:p

Kahr carrier
February 2, 2003, 03:01 AM
:confused: SALAMI confused for a gun.:neener:

Kahr carrier
February 2, 2003, 03:03 AM
I wonder if the Salami was registered????:neener:

Kahr carrier
February 2, 2003, 03:06 AM
Or worst yet it was an Assault Salami.;) :neener:

Schuey2002
February 2, 2003, 03:15 AM
How does anyone confuse a salami for a handgun ?

Some people are idiots. :rolleyes:

Kahr carrier
February 2, 2003, 03:21 AM
Or PARANOID.:rolleyes:

Redlg155
February 2, 2003, 11:29 AM
Three guys passing the salami in a car...that just sounds bad. No wonder they got pulled over. :D

What next...porkchop tommyguns?

Good SHooting
RED

thumbtack
February 2, 2003, 11:30 AM
My Salami have a first name
It's H & K M P 5
Oh I love to shoot it everyday
And if you ask me why I say....

Sorry I could not resist.

PATH
February 2, 2003, 11:36 AM
Salami looks like a gun? Geez! Can I try what they are taking. A salami look like a gun?:rolleyes:

Navy joe
February 2, 2003, 08:56 PM
Is that a salami in your station wagon or are you just happy to see the cops?

DeltaElite
February 2, 2003, 09:56 PM
Is that a salami in your pants or a pocket pistol?:eek: :neener:

BerettaNut92
February 2, 2003, 10:00 PM
For those of us who prefer kosher assault hot dogs:

IMI/Hebrew National

coonan357
February 2, 2003, 10:42 PM
duuuhh !! as I slapp my forehead !!! the other IMI , Isreali Meat Industries :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bogie
February 3, 2003, 02:22 PM

It was in St. Louis last week - they were staying at a hotel next to where I work.

Kewl ride!

homeka45
February 3, 2003, 05:06 PM
Good things the guys in the car gave the salami to the cops rather than trying to conceal it, otherwise they could have been accused of trying to hide the salami. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "FLASH! Salami semiauto sends SWAT squad!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!