New Haven by Mossberg

PDA

Clipper
November 19, 2012, 09:14 AM
I just picked up a 20 ga New Haven by Mossberg pump gun with a shot barrel with a collet choke, and a smoothbore slug barrel with iron sights. It's pretty light, and the price seemed good at $175.00... Now for the question.

Does this gun use Mossberg 500 barrels? If the accuracy of the slug barrel does not impress, can I buy a Mossberg 500 barrel to fit?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Haven by Mossberg" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rule303
November 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
I am assuming this is a model 600? If so, all Mossberg 500 barrels, stocks, etc will interchange.

Clipper
November 19, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks. I figured there would be no difference, but I'm a model 12 guy. The only reason I bought this gun was for the slug barrel and the idea of getting a rifled barrel if necessary. The ease of interchangable barrels did it...

Black Knight
November 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
I have a New Haven 600 and the barrels from the Mossberg 500 does work. If your 20 gauge is not a 600 you could always call Mossberg. As I understand it the New Haven was produced by Mossberg sort of like Maverick.

evan price
November 20, 2012, 04:16 AM
New Haven 600AT is a Mossberg 500 branded for sale at a retailer who wanted their own brand. JC Penny comes to mind for carrying the New Haven brand. Same-caliber M500 parts interchange.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Haven by Mossberg" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!