Did I get a good deal?

PDA

krupparms
November 19, 2012, 10:01 PM
I just traded a used Beretta model 85 in good condition for a used Colt Lawman MK.5 in good condition.Do you think this was a good trade? And if not why. They both are in good shape, the colt has some pitting due to sitting in a holster but is pristine in side. The 85 was better on the outside &pristine inside.

If you enjoyed reading about "Did I get a good deal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WoodchuckAssassin
November 19, 2012, 10:45 PM
Both are fine guns. I think you made a good trade. At the very least, it was a lateral move. I also think it's important to own as many guns as possible during our lifetime. If you think you made a bad trade, you can look forward to buying it again down the road :neener:

TennJed
November 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
2 completely different guns with different uses. From a $ standpoint I think you did fine. If you like the 85 better then you got a good deal

chris in va
November 20, 2012, 12:23 AM
He got the Colt, traded away the Beretta.

bannockburn
November 20, 2012, 07:56 AM
Sounds like a decent enough deal, as I have owned both (but at different times), and would truly love to have the Colt Trooper MK.V back.

Sav .250
November 20, 2012, 09:13 AM
If you have to ask other folks ............even your not sure.

Hunterdad
November 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
^^ I'm pretty sure that's why he's asking.

BSA1
November 20, 2012, 12:24 PM
If you are happy with the trade why does other poeple opinions matter?

krupparms
November 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
I was looking for a 3or4 in., .357 rov. But have no knowledge about the lawman mk.5 COLT Rov. Are these good revolvers, any problems with them, ect. Just some input on the colt. Thanks &have a happy Thanksgiving.

krupparms
November 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Can anyone who knows about the Lawman MK.5 let me know more about them? Were they just made in .357 mag., the frame &if they are accurate & will stand-up to repeated .357mag. loads or should I treat it like a S&W ' K ' frame. The Colt has a H.B. on it. Did they stop making them? Thanks for any information on it.

krupparms
November 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks! Someone sent me the information I was looking for! Got a better deal than I thought I had. Just what I was looking for . Now I can concentrat on the next one I am looking for! Thanks &Have a happy Thanksgiving !

If you enjoyed reading about "Did I get a good deal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!