What competition would I enter with a .22lr...

PDA

mach1.3
November 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
Ruger slabside 6.88" Competition Pistol? I'm a total rookie to competitive shooting. I plan on joining our local gun club and they do alot of competitions. I haven't bought a new pistol yet but am deciding btw a 6.88" SS competition target/or a Ruger Hunter. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "What competition would I enter with a .22lr..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jr_roosa
November 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Bullseye or NRA conventional pistol. They mean the same thing.

You will probably want some custom work done on the competition model after a month or two. At least a trigger job. Otherwise it's a great starter pistol for bullseye.

J.

cavman
November 20, 2012, 03:34 PM
I chose the Hunter. I wasn't aware of the target model. They are both nice in their own way, but the fluted barrel of the Hunter is one of the things that struck me. So I bought it.

I shoot my .22 in Bullseye competitions. It was great when I first started out. I got many thousands of rounds down range over that year as I was learning how to properly shoot. Saved a ton of $$ on that learning curve, so by the time I got the first 1911 for the rest of the FullMatch, I had some foundation already laid.

It is a pretty hard sport (mentally) but I like it.

Hit_Factor
November 20, 2012, 04:01 PM
Steel Challenge if you might prefer a speed game over precision.

mbopp
November 20, 2012, 06:20 PM
+2 for Steel Challenge. You can run iron sights or optics but you'll need 5 magazines (or someone to load one for you between runs.)

tarakian
November 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ruger Rimfire Challenge if you also have/get a 22 rifle.

Hoser
November 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
Silhouette, Steel Challenge, Bullseye, ect. Tons of choices.

243winxb
November 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
Internation may need a barrel no longer than about 5 1/2" ?

If you enjoyed reading about "What competition would I enter with a .22lr..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!