Old Schrade

PDA

bikerdoc
November 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
No secret I love old Shrade knives
When the old Schrade closed the doors in 04, I bought a few of these Shrade Imperials, made in Ireland. Good all around knife, with a steel that holds a scary sharp edge.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/bikerdoc1948/mms_picture-8.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Schrade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deltaboy
November 21, 2012, 12:47 PM
Any of them made 04 or back are great blades.

Mrcymstr
November 21, 2012, 01:08 PM
The first knife I ever bought was a USA made Schrade Uncle Henry back around 2000 when I was 10 or so and I carried a Schrade Outback for a few years. I'll agree with anyone that old Schrade is fantastic.

Zeke/PA
November 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Old Schrades??
You guys who are regulars here have heard time and time again about my Schrade "scores" just after the factory closed it's doors.
I have a couple of 158OT Gut Hooks, several folders , whittlers and a Filet Knife.
Every now and then, a made in U.S.A. Schrade shows up in an obscure hardware store or lumber yard.
If the box and paperwork are there, I grab it.

Mike J
November 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
Another Old Schrade fan here I still have one of the Old Timer folding hunters I bought when I was 14. I don't remember the model number but it has a staglon handle, carbon steel blade & liner lock. Just about every deer I have killed has been gutted, skinned etc. with a Schrade made Uncle Henry LB7. It holds an edge very well & is scary sharp.

Deltaboy
January 1, 2013, 10:46 PM
I too buy every USA made one I can find.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Schrade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!