More fixutres 1

PDA

marklav111
November 21, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thank you guys for all the input. I would have never been able to figure some of these out !

Here are photos of the last few. Thank you again

If you enjoyed reading about "More fixutres 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
The first is an indexing head for a milling machine.

Used to mill evenly spaced flats, gear teeth, etc. on round objects.

The second one looks like a 90 degree table jig of some sort.

rc

BBBBill
November 21, 2012, 03:34 PM
As rcmodel indicated, the first is a basic horizontal spin index that most likely is used with 5C collets. Appears to be a (very common) Chinese/Taiwanese version sold under the Phase II brand name. The second appears to be an old school revolver cylinder yoke tool that used to be made/sold by Trapper Gun. The pic is not detailed enough to be sure.

Bolshevik Muppet
December 1, 2012, 02:38 AM
Actually the first is a drill sharpening rig for an old type of drill sharpener that I believe sunstrandt made back in the day. I used that exact same thing to hold and index drills in it at one of the first machine shops I worked at. It was also useable in a tool grinder that they made for sharpening end mills. I don't see any bolt slots or toe clamp surfaces acceptable for clamping that to a mill table, do you?

The one on the right, no clue.

If you enjoyed reading about "More fixutres 1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!