Taking apart a Nylon 66

PDA

Catshooter
November 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
I've pulled the three screws that are on the outsides of the action. The sheet metal cover that is the 'receiver' will lift slightly, but that's as far as I can get her to go.

Help?

Cat

If you enjoyed reading about "Taking apart a Nylon 66" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
27hand
November 21, 2012, 09:38 PM
This might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1syvtFfpzlw

Catshooter
November 21, 2012, 11:22 PM
Indeed that did help, thanks. I thought the bolt handle must come out but it was a bit reluctant, so I was too. Wasn't sure if it came out with the bolt forward or what. But that video did it. Thanks again.

Cat

27hand
November 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
You're welcome. These sites are great. Sometimes I search for stuff and draw blank & someone will know what to look for.

Great little .22. Mine has been going strong since the 60's if i RC when dad got it. I actually took mine apart at about age 12 or a little older & couldn't get it back together. There was no Utube or Google then. It took me weeks to figure it out before my dad found out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taking apart a Nylon 66" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!