"Mobile" Reloading Bench (In the works)

PDA

dredd
November 21, 2012, 11:45 PM
This started life as a Heavy Duty Computer Cart in a machine shop.
I have a total of $20.00 tied up so far. (We won't count gas, rod and electricity)

The cart had an angled top. I welded some heavy wall tubing around it (bench height) and hacked off the top. Tacked the computer shelf back in. It will make a good shelf.

The top will be 27 x 29
I might have a piece of 1" Delrin lined up. If that falls through, I'll top it with wood.

The plan is to bring it inside if I want/need to.

I have been swapping my single stage presses back & forth from my welding bench. That is kind of a pain.

That is it so far.
I just wanted to share something.
All I do is read... read... read...
I don't know enough to post to threads. LOL

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info and advice!!!

BB

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg47/afment/bench2.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg47/afment/bench1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about ""Mobile" Reloading Bench (In the works)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Leigh
November 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hi,

done somethin similar with an old cast iron hairdryer stand, a 25mm wall HDPE pipe. I do everything on this small bench and most comfortably.

My only advice is to;

a. Fit lockable caster wheels.
b. Add weight to the base, mine weighs 130lbs. this assists greatly with stability

dredd
November 22, 2012, 01:47 AM
I appreciate the advise.

I am actually planning on putting some "screw in" feet to make it "plant" and be able to level it for the scales.

I was also thinking about decking the bottom so I could put my shot down there in case I needed some extra anchor weight.

It sounds like you have answered my "what if's".

Thanks for sharing your info!

BB

If you enjoyed reading about ""Mobile" Reloading Bench (In the works)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!