Broken hand spring

PDA

Smokepole14
November 21, 2012, 11:58 PM
Alright guys the hand spring in my 58 remmy broke today. What's a good quality spring replacement? Or where's the best place to order from?

If you enjoyed reading about "Broken hand spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PRM
November 22, 2012, 08:18 AM
It happens - not often, but not extremely rare either. I would go to VTI and order a stock part. I've only had a couple fail - both on different guns, and we are talking years of shooting.

http://www.vtigunparts.com/

Smokepole14
November 22, 2012, 10:42 AM
Guys sorry my bad that was a mistake on my part. I meant broken main spring. It was late last night after eatin when I typed this. I don't know what I was thinking. But it is the main spring, I've already replaced a handspring.

unknwn
November 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
The springs at Dixie are half the price of other suppliers. I didn't find anything to complain about the couple I ordered as spares.
For what they are charging you might as well buy a spare hand assembly while you're there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Broken hand spring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!