AR Lower North West side of STL?

PDA

Geneseo1911
November 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Can anybody recommend a gun shop on the north west side of St. Louis metro area (O'Fallon, Lake St. Louis area)? Preferably one likely to have AR stripped lowers in stock? I'm in town for thanksgiving, and would love to pick one up while I'm here.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Lower North West side of STL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
November 22, 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure you can.

Long gun transfers to out of state residents are lawful. Handgun transfers to out of state residents are NOT lawful. AR stripped lowers are usually sold as "other", and can be configured as a handgun. I don't know if you can legally buy one out of state, unless it is logged as a rifle receiver.

Geneseo1911
November 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Bugger-you're right. I forgot about that pesky "other" box. Guess I'll have to buy a complete rifle or forget about it.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR Lower North West side of STL?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!