S&WModel 30

PDA

sgtstryker
November 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
I have found a nice Model 30 snubby, 1950's era. I am wondering about the .32 cartridge. Is there good SD ammo for this little revolver? I have found mostly LRN ammo. Just wondering if anyone on here carries the .32 S&W long in any of their guns? Also, it's been reblued, but looks good. It will be a shooter for me and the wife. How should this effect the value in my offer?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&WModel 30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gordon
November 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
IMHO this is about the most effective .32 S&W Long off the self ammo. It certainly puts down 30-40 pound buck raccon with aplomb. I would imagine all agressive behavir would shortly stop on a human with a COM hit or three.;)
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-838-federal-champion-32-sw-long-98-grain-lead-wadcutter-ammunition.aspx
That is a link to Federal 98 grain full wadcutters at 780 fps from a 4" barrel FWIW

golden
November 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
Stryker,

I cannot think of any ammo that is really effective in this caliber.

I use the .32ACP round in some small pistols like the BERETTA Tomcat. Because of the popularity of the .32ACP in small guns, a lot of ammo is available for it with some exotics like the HYDRO-SHOK, GOLD DOT, SILVERTIP and COR BON Powerball, DPX and a +P like hollowpoint.

I don't see anything like this for the .32 S&W Long. To bad, a HYDRO-SHOK in this caliber might be a useful round as they expand a even low velocities.

Jim

sgtstryker
November 23, 2012, 02:54 PM
I agree, golden. I did find some semi-JHP 98 gr at SGAmmo. It's Magtech, so, if I can deal on this gun I'll probably try some. thanks..

If you enjoyed reading about "S&WModel 30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!