.32 long colt

PDA

Heavyt
November 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hi all, looking for some guidance.

Being such a difficult cartridge to track down, (especially up north here), are there any more common cartridges that can be subbed in for or reworked to .32 long colt?

Thanks, Tom

If you enjoyed reading about ".32 long colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
45lcshooter
November 23, 2012, 02:04 AM
Internet is a wonderful tool to use. If your on it enough and on enough forums you will find all you need. Every now and then when i go to the range there are a few odd balls in the bucket.

SlamFire1
November 23, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi all, looking for some guidance.

Being such a difficult cartridge to track down, (especially up north here), are there any more common cartridges that can be subbed in for or reworked to .32 long colt?

I think the 32 Long Colt is the same as a 32 S&W Long.

Walkalong
November 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
I believe slamfire1 is correct, it is basically, if not exactly, the same round, Colt just couldn't bring themselves to put S&W on the side of their revolvers.

One of the experts will come along and tell us for sure.

Heavyt
November 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

I was wondering if 32 LC was the same as 32S&W. wiki wasn't clear - I'll keep researching.

What about using .32 acp with moon clips?

MMCSRET
November 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
32 Long Colt chambers will not accept 32 S&W Long cartridges. The 32 Colt is smaller diameter due to the "heel" style, outside lubricated bullets used. The interchangeability numbers that confuse most people, as evidenced here, is: 32 Colt New Police (NP) is interchangeable with 32 S&W, bullet style was slightly different but fully interchangeable with. The only round that is interchangeable with 32 Colt is the European 320 Long. 32 Short Colt ammunition is still cataloged and marketed by Winchester. 32 Long Colt ammunition is found at most gun shows. I have two Colts that use the 32 Colt, more than adequate supplies of 32 Short and Long Colt is readily available, search it out.
Records indicate that the last standard production guns in 32 Colt (32 D.A.) was prior to 1915. There may have been a few guns made up from left over parts after that, documentation is sketchy.
The 32 Colt chambers can be rechambered to 32 S&W as the barrel bore size is the same.

beagleman911
January 25, 2013, 12:14 AM
I am trying to help a friend complete a vast collection of different cartridges that he has been gathering for many years. One of those that is missing from the collection is a .32 Long Colt. Does anyone out there have ONE live round of this caliber that we could arrange to have sent to me? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about ".32 long colt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!