6.5 Creedmoor and Quickload

PDA

Jdillon
November 23, 2012, 06:01 PM
I have V 3.6 in Quickload and it does not list the 6.5. Has anyone manually created a cartridge file? I created one today and would just like to compare parameters. I checked against the Hornady manual and the fps are very close to the results calculated in Quickload. I measured the H2O volume of new cases and they averaged approximately 51.5 gr.

If you enjoyed reading about "6.5 Creedmoor and Quickload" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steve4102
November 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
Interesting, My 3.4 Version list the 6.5 Creedmoor Hornady.

Jaxondog
November 23, 2012, 07:40 PM
What exactly are you wanting to know about the 6.5 Creedmore?

Jdillon
November 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Steve4102:

Thanks and completely scrolled down in the QL caliber listings and found the 6.5 Creedmoor. Guess I should have looked more closely. The H2O capacity listed is different from my new cases (51.5 v. 53.5). Having a custom rifle built by Score High Gunsmiths and getting my reloading items in order.

Jaxondog:

I use QL for load development in my rifles and have found it invaluable.

steve4102
November 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
The H2O capacity listed is different from my new cases (51.5 v. 53.5). Having a custom rifle built by Score High Gunsmiths and getting my reloading items in order.

QL H20 capacity should be taken from a fired unsized case. Plug your actual into QL for a more accurate calculation.

If you enjoyed reading about "6.5 Creedmoor and Quickload" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!