Race\competition\tactical\carry glocks

PDA

Infidel4life11
November 23, 2012, 10:41 PM
You from a customer stand point and me being the builder/company. What options would you want standard on your competition, tactical, carry or range toy glock and what upgrades would you like available. Also what would you realistically want to pay for each if I wasn't trying to get rich off doing this? I've seen competition ready 34's go for $1800 IMO that is ridiculously high. Just a thought and wanted to know what the high road thinks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Race\competition\tactical\carry glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Infidel4life11
November 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
Dang, nothing?

smalls
November 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
I've seen competition ready 34's go for $1800 IMO that is ridiculously high

That depends on what was done to the Glock. Parts, and time required to do installs and modifications add up. People have no problem buying other brands with similar modifications for two, or three times as much. Just depends on what you're "in to".

If you can do the stuff yourself, it gets a lot cheaper. Just like car repairs and modifications.

Jorg Nysgerrig
November 24, 2012, 02:16 PM
I saw this last night and wasn't sure what you were asking. Are you planning on selling modified Glocks that are ready to go for a particular task out of the box or looking to modify existing ones? Are you looking to make aftermarket parts?

It's kind of hard to say what someone would want on a competition Glock because it depends on what competition.

What modifications were being done for $1800?

dirtengineer
November 24, 2012, 03:35 PM
The only changes I would make are better sights, extended slide stop, lighter connector. Funny, those are the exact changes I made to my G21.

I might also tune it with a new guide rod and spring from wolff. Some prefer an extended magazine release as well.

Really not a whole lot to do to a Glock. I suppose you could spend a lot of cash on custom porting or making physical changes to the grip.

raze
November 24, 2012, 04:54 PM
There is a lot of companies selling lots of stuff for them from gimmicky stuff like the useless grip plugs to entire frames like the timberwolf frame. What are you trying to do sell parts or full on guns? Personally on my glocks all I like is to get rid of the stuck u sights for some night sights and an extended mag release.

thecarfarmer
November 24, 2012, 10:09 PM
Night sights, drop-free mags, and a lighter trigger for my G21. Oh, and have it delivered by Sandra Bullock...

-Bill

Infidel4life11
November 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
I saw this last night and wasn't sure what you were asking. Are you planning on selling modified Glocks that are ready to go for a particular task out of the box or looking to modify existing ones? Are you looking to make aftermarket parts?

It's kind of hard to say what someone would want on a competition Glock because it depends on what competition.

Basicly just wanted to know what you would want from a company's product line. I tend to see things differently than some and just wanted an opinion. There's the "don't touch a glock" crowd and the "touch everything" crowd and the practical one in between. There is a lot of great companies out there doing great work. I've worked on a few glocks in my time I'm not a expert but I'm pretty good at it. Glock Vector and Glockworx make some of my favorite pistols and I've done some of the same work they do for my friends and they love it. Not that your aren't getting your money's worth I just think it could be done cheaper. IDK maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

Infidel4life11
November 24, 2012, 11:38 PM

Jorg, check out glock vector's delay vector pistol. It's amazing and $1800

Infidel4life11
November 24, 2012, 11:52 PM
Your standard glock gen3 suggested retail is $590 depending on model. Most wholesale for $440. If we say the standard upgrades are: night sights, extended controls and a 3.5 trigger. What if you could order that glock for $625-650. Would you rather buy it? Than to pay retail and shipping on everything, put it together yourself or have a gunsmith do it. I part time at a friends shop so I do math on wholesale parts and then look at what things are going for online. Prior to the army I was a welder and machinist. Again I think it could be done cheaper.

Jorg Nysgerrig
November 25, 2012, 02:27 PM
Jorg, check out glock vector's delay vector pistol. It's amazing and $1800

Thanks, I'll look at it. I haven't had any interest in Glock Vector since someone who appeared to be the owner showed up to shill for the company pretending he was unaffiliated and the insulted the community when he was outed:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=604539

Your standard glock gen3 suggested retail is $590 depending on model. Most wholesale for $440. If we say the standard upgrades are: night sights, extended controls and a 3.5 trigger. What if you could order that glock for $625-650. Would you rather buy it?
Glockmeister already does this. One specced out as you suggested using Glock parts comes up to $608 shipped. I guess the question is what will differentiate you from them?

Infidel4life11
November 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
HAHA everytime I try to spec one out of GM I always end up at 700+. I bring up Glock Vector because I got to shoot one and enjoyed it I don't know anything about the company. I guess my OP was suppose to be more about what would you want as far as already put together pistols and what price. My current work is free what I can do in my spare time but I enjoy it alot.

Infidel4life11
November 25, 2012, 09:28 PM
I got on GM and did the following upgrades on a Glock 17 for $712:
Sights:GLOCK Fixed Night Sights
Mag 1:Pearced +2 Extension Mag 2:Pearce +2 Extension
Magazine Catch:Glock Extended Mag Catch
Slide Stop Lever:Glock Extended Slide Stop Lever
Recoil Assembly:Stainless Steel with Stock Weight Spring
Trigger Setup:Glockmeister 3.5 lb Trigger Job

If you enjoyed reading about "Race\competition\tactical\carry glocks" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!