Never seen this gun before.

PDA

JBrady555
November 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1218/products_id/411552896/Consignment

Anyone know anything about these? Are they reliable guns? Seems like a good buy. I think it would make a nice addition for the mosin nagant guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Never seen this gun before." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MAKster
November 24, 2012, 12:50 PM
It's a Chinese copy of the Russian M44 Mosin Nagant rifle.

W L Johnson
November 24, 2012, 01:11 PM
All the ones I've seen on the rack had stocks that looked like they were carved from rotten drift wood.

snakeman
November 24, 2012, 01:12 PM
I personally don't like m44's but are these chinese ones worth a flip? I know the norinco sks is somewhat decent and so were their ak's.

primalmu
November 24, 2012, 06:05 PM
The vast majority of opinions on the Type 53 is that the stocks are worthless and the machining is rough. They also were not taken care of nearly as well as the Russians did by rearsenaling them and storing them in cosmo. I considered getting one but decided my money would be better spent on Russian steel.

Red Tornado
November 24, 2012, 06:57 PM
I had one I got several years ago. It was probably the least accurate gun I've owned, about paper plate size groups (patterns) at 50 yards. I gave up shooting it pretty quickly. It was basically an unrefined version of the M44. I sold it at a gun show this year and considered it well gone.
RT

CornCod
November 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
I have one from many years ago. I read somewhere that the Red Chinese mainly used them as police guns and so have a bit more wear and tear on them from many years of use.

If you enjoyed reading about "Never seen this gun before." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!