ruger mark II ideas.....

PDA

JERRY
November 25, 2012, 01:55 PM
i recently bought a ruger mark II 6" pencil bbl. i see the front sight switch is useless unless you also change out the fixed rear sight......

so i looked at a few pix of scoped out guns.....ive seen the simple to install picatinny rail and thought that would be cool if i could add a cheap picatinny eotech type sight (saw some in a CTD mag for about $75.00).

anyway, what do you guys thinks? post pix if you must ;) so i can see what you mean by doing this or that....

i dont want to have to resort to a gunsmith to do any work or spending more than the gun costs for add-ons....a simple mount and sight system that isnt like the usual scope where youre eye gets out of alignment by a fraction and you cant see anything through it.

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger mark II ideas....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Caliper_RWVA
November 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
My MkIII 22/45 target came with a screw-on picatinny rail that works great with the cheapo Sightmark red dot I have. Looks like these (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=22%2f45+red+dot&qpvt=22%2f45+red+dot&FORM=IGRE)

There are also sight mounts made for the standard Mark pistols that replace the left side grip panel with one that has a sight rail extending up above the receiver.

md2lgyk
November 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
I had the receiver of my Mk II grooved so I could install an Aimpoint without using any base or rail at all - the scope rings clamp onto the grooves.

PO2Hammer
November 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
Eotech style sights would look pretty big on a Mark II.
I'm hoping to find something smaller for mine.
Something like this Fastfire;
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/bison7704/mk2withburris.jpg

wally
November 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
The Burris Fast-Fire is a very nice setup.

If yours is drilled and tapped for the Ruger rail, buy one, it (under $10) and a Primary Arms red dot is a nice setup too and a lot less expensive than the Fast-Fire -- I've guns with each setup.

JERRY
November 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
its not drilled and tapped....will have to use a bolt on picatinny rail.

Pilot
November 26, 2012, 05:42 AM
Or get it drilled and tapped.

mbopp
November 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
My vote is to get it D&T'd for a scope base. Or you can use this:

http://www.jackweigand.com/rm2fd.html

JERRY
November 26, 2012, 04:14 PM
PO2Hammer, i like that set up, not over the top big, simple quick sight picture.....

PO2Hammer
November 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
I stole the pic for an example of the Burris mount that fit in the rear dovetail.

My Mark II is not D&T either. I bought the Weigand no drill mount and had a Reflex sight on it for a while, but that proved to be too big. I'm hoping to go with the Fastfire.

JERRY
November 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
ive seen the no drill picatinny mounts for about $50 and the EOtech type sights for as little as $40.00....thats all i need, nothing fancy.

osprey176
November 27, 2012, 05:45 PM
I drilled and tapped my MK II several years ago using a good quality drill press with a cross slide vise and Brownell's drill bits.I used a T/C Contender Weaver mount,as at that time mounts weren't available for the Ruger.I mounted an inexpensive red dot scope,and it still works well.This solution was about as cheap a fix as any,and actually worked out very well.The biggest issue has been finding a holster to fit.I recently found one on Sportsman's Guide,but haven't ordered it yet.

greyling22
November 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
nice thing about the fast fire setup is that when your eyes start to go you can still see the dot and shoot.

JERRY
December 9, 2012, 03:13 AM
My Mark II is not D&T either. I bought the Weigand no drill mount and had a Reflex sight on it for a while, but that proved to be too big. I'm hoping to go with the Fastfire.

can you post a pic of yours? if youre not happy with it i might be willing to buy it off you.

PO2Hammer
December 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry, I took off the Weigand mount and sold the Reflex sight. I want to keep the mount just in case.
Until I can afford the Fastfire with the mini mount, my NRA/WBR commemorative Mark II will have to remain like this;
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/FF1063/ff%201063/MarkII-1.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "ruger mark II ideas....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!