Remington 870 sling mount

PDA

blwheaton
November 25, 2012, 09:08 PM
I have an older Remington 870 Wingmaster that I am going to put a sling on. I am going to use parts order from Remington that include a stud type swivel that mounts in the butt stock. My question is how far from the end of the stock do I place this stud?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 870 sling mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rottweiler
November 26, 2012, 07:51 AM
Most people have them about 1.5 -2 inches fro the butt. I've also seen them on the grip cap. It's all a matter of personal preference.

LordDunsany
November 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
I added a sling setup to my 870 last week. I drilled the rear mount screw pilot hole 3 1/2 inches from the butt per the instructions in the sling kit.

Worked out fine for me.

Ron in Texas

T Bran
November 26, 2012, 05:41 PM
I added one to my 870 a few years ago. I installed the screw about 2 inches forward of the recoil pad base. Seems to work just fine so far.
T

blwheaton
November 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks to all who replied this gives me a good idea where to start.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 870 sling mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!