buck with a twist

PDA

eastbank
November 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
i shot a small racked buck this morning and look what showed up while i was loading it on my ATV, i have no idea whose horse it is and after standing around for a few minutes it took off. eastbank.

If you enjoyed reading about "buck with a twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Liberty1776
November 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
Nice looking horse... can I come by and pick it up? :D

eastbank
November 27, 2012, 04:12 AM
i hunt about 2000 acars and there are no horses on it that i know of and it is the first time i saw it. i,m worried the bears may get it.eastbank.

hogshead
November 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
I dont know where your located eastbank but unless you have brown bears dont worry about the horse. Never heard of a black bear bothering a horse. Believe me there are plenty of bear where I live and I have horses. brown bears may be another story.

jrdolall
November 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
We have had 7 horses dropped off at our ranch over the past few years. Every one has been put in one of our fenced pastures so the owners brought them over, opened the gate, and let them in. The local rescue operation said that many people have been trying to get rid of their horses due to the tough economic times and have nowhere to go with them. I have kept two of them and just leave them in with the cows. They seem to be content and I have the vet stop by to check them out every few months. I did have to buy some grain for them but other than that they are just another cow albeit one I can't sell to slaughter.

eastbank
November 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
happy ending, last night i told several people and showed them the pic,s,and they id,ed the horse,it lives two miles from here,it got out and jumped the fence at a choke point and wondered around the tram roads untill i saw it. it was down by the road this morning and as it snowed this morning it was seen pretty quick and now is back home. eastbank.

courtgreene
November 27, 2012, 05:39 PM
i love a happy ending in real life. Doesn't happen often.

surjimmy
November 27, 2012, 09:23 PM
That was a antlerless Deer, you should have shot it. Their goooood eaten.

Patocazador
November 27, 2012, 09:57 PM
I saw how well fed it was so I was going to suggest visiting the neighbors.

If you enjoyed reading about "buck with a twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!