As I Was Loading Some 6.5x55 Swede Today...

PDA

Flatbush Harry
November 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
...I stopped to ponder:

Do I reload to shoot, or, do I shoot to reload?

I find myself nearly passionate about the full range of shooting and loading activities that I do.

How say y'all?

Cheers,

FH

If you enjoyed reading about "As I Was Loading Some 6.5x55 Swede Today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
November 28, 2012, 10:07 PM
If you actually handload cartridges for which you have no firearm (guilty), then you may be reloading to shoot ;-) I have some 6.5 Mannlicher-Schoenauer loads for which I have never owned and probably never will be able to afford a matching rifle.

Float Pilot
November 29, 2012, 12:30 AM
I Hand-Load, therefore I am.......

Kachok
November 29, 2012, 01:23 AM
I enjoy the loading almost as much as the shooting, but neither as much as I love the hunting. I take great pride in working up a load that will touch holes for me, and greater pride when it puts some meat on the table :)

Water-Man
November 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
It's good either way with a 6.5x55 SE.

Kachok
November 29, 2012, 02:12 AM
22 years and counting, I have yet to find anything bad to say about the 6.5x55, it is my all time favorite cartrage without a doubt. Inherently accurate, easy to load, light recoil, and dang near the perfect deer caliber.

Flatbush Harry
November 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm just going to put together a ladder using RL 22 and some 140gr Nosler AccuBonds. Seems like it'll be a nice combo. Then off to the range.

Cheers,

FH

horsemen61
November 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
I reload to shoot :D

gamestalker
November 29, 2012, 05:53 PM
I deffinitely enjoy reloading as much as shooting and hunting. Actually, I think I use hunting and shooting as an excuse to reload, more than the other way around.

GS

Jaxondog
November 30, 2012, 08:09 PM
I shoot almost every day and the bullet count keep's growin so I must shoot to reload. I need help shooting this stuff. seriously.

Coltdriver
December 1, 2012, 04:27 PM
I definitely reload to shoot. Dialing in a round for a rifle has to be one of the most satisfying experiences there is.

The only thing that tops that is taking game with a round you have dialed in.

+1 on the 6.5 :D - I have a modern Steyr 6.5x55 MS that I load slightly over most of the published 6.5x55 loads.

I shoot to hunt!

If you enjoyed reading about "As I Was Loading Some 6.5x55 Swede Today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!