acog value

PDA

redhedrednek
November 29, 2012, 11:11 AM
I have been offered an acog that has no illumination whatsoever. Fladhlight on fiberoptics s nd nothing. Tritium must be dead too. How can I tell if its a real trijicon or not and if it is, whats the value of it. It was offered to me for $100 because its "broken".

If you enjoyed reading about "acog value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeff White
November 29, 2012, 11:34 AM
Trijicon should be able to verify if it's real by the serial number. Several years ago they quoted me $225.00 to replace the tritium lamp in my TAO-1 ACOG. I bought it new in 1998 and it still illuminates.

rcmodel
November 29, 2012, 04:06 PM
Real ACOGs contain tritium and will be so marked as per governmental regulations.

Does it have the radiation warning thing on it?

Does it have the bible verse on it?

rc

redhedrednek
November 29, 2012, 08:21 PM
I bought the scope knowing it is a fake. No serial numbers, no illumination. it is an incredible fake though. Very high quality glass, sights in extremely well, i have no complaints. yes i wish it was real but it isnt and thats fine.

SO heres the deal on these.

it has the tritium warning label
it has the bible verse where it should be in raised lettering
it is very well finished
it is very clear
it has good crosshairs with mildot drops
it has the trijicon name and acog name both raised up
it has the model ta31rco-a4 model on it
everything is perfectly copied...almost

again, no illumination. it has a fiberoptic bar on top that doesnt go anywhere
no illumination-no tritium
and the only physical difference you can tell from the outside is that the real deal doesnt have a dovetail rail in front of the fiberoptic.

long story short i know what i have and i know what a real one is. this is still a good buy even though it isnt truly an acog. if you are looking at buying an acog just call Trijicon and they can walk you through and verify authenticity. i knew this was a fake because no serial number, i feel certain there are others out there with a fake serial number on them. buyer beware.

If you enjoyed reading about "acog value" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!