MP5

PDA

fishblade2
November 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for a MP5. I have went into several gun stores and I keep seeing all kinds of MP5 looking guns. Different brands, different looks ect. First of all is the H & K mp5's available for civilians in semi auto? What is the best brand for the mp5 platform and what are other good brands? What are some good attachments/accessories for the gun? I know that umarex makes 22 long rifle versions of this gun. Is this brand reliable being .22LR? Is it easy to clean? lastly can this gun take a rail system?

Thank you guys for all of your help.

If you enjoyed reading about "MP5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skribs
November 29, 2012, 03:37 PM
For a lot of money (I'm talking five digits from the searches I've done) and the proper paperwork, you can get a real MP5 legally.

That said, I believe the civilian version is the HK94, but without a tax stamp you're going to have to get the 16" version, which has a much longer barrel. But according to this link, it looks like they're no longer imported, so you might have to find a used one. I'd assume that any rail system designed to fit the MP5 (which has a rail system) would fit the HK94, but that's an assumption.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP5#Heckler_.26_Koch_HK94

Trust me, I understand your love for the MP5, and if I win the lottery or make it big somehow, I really hope there's an MP5SD in my future.

2wheels
November 29, 2012, 03:45 PM
They're available, but from what I know good luck getting one at a reasonable price.

My buddy owns a clone, it's fun to shoot but honestly not my favorite 9mm carbine. I don't like HKs control layout.

9mmepiphany
November 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
The H&K MP-5 and it's clones aren't a handgun, so I moved the thread to Rifles

boricua9mm
November 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
Last week's version...http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=686334

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "MP5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!