Crazy question about Beretta PX4 Storm

PDA

mgmorden
November 29, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hey guys - just a quick question. I had read on the net (and I'm even sure if THIS part is accurate) that to convert a DAO Beretta 92 to a DA/SA you only needed to change out the sear. I assume that the hammer still wouldn't have a spur but since thumbing back the hammer isn't generally recommended that wouldn't be much of a problem.

So, with that in mind, I was wondering if this was also true regarding converting a PX4 Storm D model to a C model. Buds has a good deal on used D's right now and I noticed that a type C sear from Brownells is only $12 or so, so I figured if that'd work it might be worth buying and swapping the part.

Anyways, just curious. Normally I hit Google first before asking something like this but I haven't been able to turn up anything in my searching.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crazy question about Beretta PX4 Storm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarosean
November 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
On a 92 you need a trigger, sear and hammer. Have no clue about a PX4 thou

2wheels
December 1, 2012, 06:20 PM
How would you decock a converted PX4?

mgmorden
December 1, 2012, 08:31 PM
The C version can't be decocked even in its native version. Its a lot like a striker-fired gun. The hammer is partially cocked and each trigger pull finishes the cock and drops it. There's no manually cocking it or decocking it, but its not double-action either as the trigger is lighter and there's no double-strike capability. Like I said - basically a hammer gun that behaves like a striker gun.

That said, in looking at the parts list on Brownells it looks like there are a quite a few extra parts that would need to be changed, so I'm abandoning the idea. May just buy a C-version outright as they're only $100 more new.

If you enjoyed reading about "Crazy question about Beretta PX4 Storm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!