Want to know value of 7 Mag

PDA

cokejr
November 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
FAB.NAT.D'ARMES de GUERRE

HERSTAL-BELGIQUE

serial # 359**

If you enjoyed reading about "Want to know value of 7 Mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
It's an old military 98 Mauser somebody converted / sporterized years ago when that stock style was still in style..

I'd say $250 - $300 tops for it myself, unless thats a $1,000 scope on it.
And I doubt it is..

rc

cokejr
November 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
I suppose it will make a good deer rifle?

rcmodel
November 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
Yes it should if it is put together right.

But quite frankly, your photos are so bad I really can't tell much about it as far as what type of safety it was converted too, low-scope bolt handle conversion, or much else.

rc

Clark
November 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
To convert from 8x57 to 7mmRM, the extractor, bolt face, magazine length, and feed lips of the receiver must change.

When I do it, it is not as pretty as when it is done in a factory or by a real craftsman.

Look at the bolt face and extractor, are the cuts nice and neat?

There are many trade offs in choosing hunting cartridges, but for me, the 7mmRM is top tier. You might shoot it and keep it.

I have paid $250 and I have paid $350 for rifles that good. Those were not starting prices.

WardenWolf
November 30, 2012, 03:58 PM
It should make a good hunting rifle, assuming it was done correctly. I have a Mauser sporter that retains its original barrel, and it's an excellent shooter. I paid $250 for it, without a scope. I would say the estimate of $250 to $350 is probably about right if it was done well. Maybe as high as $400, depending on the scope. The scope appears to be either an old Weaver or a Redfield to my untrained eye. Not bad brands, though modern optics are far superior to any scope from that era, even with cheaper brands like Simmons.

If you enjoyed reading about "Want to know value of 7 Mag" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!